College New Rules For Uca College Nationals?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Feb 24, 2011
I heard that bids for the UCA College Nationals were awarded at camp. I also heard that the maximum number of participants is now 20 and that teams can use all-music in their routines. What do you think?

http://www.uca.varsity.com/college_bids.aspx
I like that they changed the bid process because this gives the teams more time to strictly focus on getting their routine down instead of having to work on a skills tape and then put together a routine. They can get started sooner this way.

As far as cutting the cheer out I am not seeing anything on the UCA website about that, but if it is the case then I will approve because I prefer the NCA style of no cheer in the middle. I would think that if they cut out the cheer in the middle then they would do what NCA does and have a 45 second cheer at the beginning.

I also would love the number to be raised to 20 but I also have not found anything about it on the website unless it is hidden somewhere.

I think it would be weird for them to cut their cheer out just because... well... what are they going to fill all that extra time up with? They don't do long tumbling sections, have jump sections, a dance, motions... Besides 1 or 2 top teams people already have trouble hitting their skills. Ill be curious to see if that actually goes through.

wouldn't that make them pretty similar to the NCA style? I wouldn't see the point in that.

On the reverse I don't understand the point in UCA college outside of the elite stunt sequence.

I do like the new UCA Bid process....the Perfect process would be to add in camp performance scores as well as 3 yrs of rankings/placements. I think relying on videos to determine who receives a paid bid is a little onesided. Anyone can put together a strong Video! Congrats to ALL the 2012 Bid Winners....Let's go Tigers!

I can't see them moving to all - music. Lets face it when people think UCA they think of traditional crowd leading. I think thats what makes them UCA, otherwise NCA and UCA should just merge and have everyone go to the same competition. If thats the eventual plan then I'm ok with that, but I don't really see it happening. As for no skills tape I think that is long over due, however I do enjoy watching the skills tapes every once in a while. How do they establish the top teams though? If they give bids at camp there isn't a good way to decide who gets paid, who goes past prelims, etc.

I can't see them moving to all - music. Lets face it when people think UCA they think of traditional crowd leading. I think thats what makes them UCA, otherwise NCA and UCA should just merge and have everyone go to the same competition. If thats the eventual plan then I'm ok with that, but I don't really see it happening. As for no skills tape I think that is long over due, however I do enjoy watching the skills tapes every once in a while. How do they establish the top teams though? If they give bids at camp there isn't a good way to decide who gets paid, who goes past prelims, etc.

According to the article posted by UCA earlier today, teams were ranked by placements over the last 3 yrs, and then given an overall score. Bids were then given to top teams in each division. D1A were awarded per geographical area.

According to the article posted by UCA earlier today, teams were ranked by placements over the last 3 yrs, and then given an overall score. Bids were then given to top teams in each division. D1A were awarded per geographical area.
Thanks! It would help if I read the article before posting! lol.

Quick question, how many people are allowed on the floor for coed?

It's 20 now, up from 16 last year. No more than eleven males are allowed to compete. For example, large coed teams can have eleven males and nine females. The dance divisions have changed as well, no more than 16 dancers can compete.

It's 20 now, up from 16 last year. No more than eleven males are allowed to compete. For example, large coed teams can have eleven males and nine females. The dance divisions have changed as well, no more than 16 dancers can compete.
Thanks! Good to know, hopefully in two years yall will see my on UCF! Cross your fingers:)

Latest posts

Back