Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Keep_Believing

Staff member
Cheer Parent
FBOD:LLFB
Apr 11, 2011
Thai was posted on cheerupdates:
Coaches & Gym Owners.

Varsity Allstar has announced a webinar to be held tomorrow (12/21) @ 4pm ET to “review scoring going into the remainder of the 21/22 season.”

The industry standard scoring system (new this year) has been embattled over the initial weeks of use at events.

I’m willing to bet that they are going to revert back to the previous one due to complaints. In particular complaints from their largest customers (The mega programs who bring the most teams to their events.)

Not that they shouldn’t, this new system makes very little sense to me (from the outside) and appears to make very little sense to people who have been doing this for years.

I am very much team “use the worlds scoresheet and comparatively score all year” but that would make too much sense.

It was confusing to me this weekend at ABKC, it seemed like difficulty played very little role in level 1. All the emphasis was on technique. We (parents and athletes) were all a little blindsided day 1 being in last place.

Our coaches seemed to be able to understand it enough to help the girls improve as much as they could in one day and they moved up one place at least.

Procrastinating on gift wrapping and did some reading into this.

How I understand it just by reading through it a couple times:

Basically, if you miss the technique driver - you’re better off just taking the hit in execution with an AF or BF?

Ex: If you have 10 one to fulls, but half of them miss key tech drivers like being on sync, weird landings, near-touches, it cost you so much that they are better off going ahead and taking 10 AF?

(That’s extreme but does that sound about right?)

If that’s the case we are going to see quite a bit of knee-jerk reactions of watering down for the next couple of comps most likely? Either that or keeping the skills and letting them be inconsistent I’m guessing?

I wonder if they’ll change it back. Has Varsity ever done a recall move like that before?

On the upside, since winter solstice was yesterday, the days now get incrementally lighter starting today. I’m ready.

I wonder if they’ll change it back. Has Varsity ever done a recall move like that before?

On the upside, since winter solstice was yesterday, the days now get incrementally lighter starting today. I’m ready.

Not necessarily varsity but USASF (which is basically the same thing) has definitely released rule updates and changed them back later.

I definitely remember something about limiting all girl baskets in level seven that didn’t go over well and eventually was changed.

@luv2cheer92 is really good about remembering specifics that I only vaguely recall so she probably remembers what the rule was.

Not necessarily varsity but USASF (which is basically the same thing) has definitely released rule updates and changed them back later.

I definitely remember something about limiting all girl baskets in level seven that didn’t go over well and eventually was changed.

@luv2cheer92 is really good about remembering specifics that I only vaguely recall so she probably remembers what the rule was.
Yea I think you are thinking of the college rules. I don't think that ever transferred over to all star.

But they did scale back the tumbling restrictions in level 6 (5 back then) after pretty massive uproar. They originally banned standing fulls and all doubles, then decided on what they have been since then.

Yea I think you are thinking of the college rules. I don't think that ever transferred over to all star.

But they did scale back the tumbling restrictions in level 6 (5 back then) after pretty massive uproar. They originally banned standing fulls and all doubles, then decided on what they have been since then.

I somewhat remember the thing about doubles but it didn’t last long? I think they rolled it back in retracted it within like a week maybe? Or maybe I’m imagining it.

Back