All-Star New Uniforms 2011-2012

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Excuse me. That child is posing PROVOCATIVELY?????????????????? Did you really just say that. WOW. I have a million pics of my kid at Disneyland and in groups with little gingham shorts, and swirly dresses and tiaras and pink bows in her hair in that same little girl sticking her belly out and shifting her hips pose. AND NONE OF THEM are provocative because she is not in a 2 inch wide cheer uniform. Attack the program. Not the little girl. Period.

ADMINS, can you please delete the picture of the little Fierce girl from this thread she is now being blamed for being a kid and having her picture made at a cheer competition. Sheez. mstealtoyou kingston @ANy freaking one with a brain in their head.

Is it safe to assume they learn these posses from the older people in the gym... i dont have kids but if i saw my 6 year old daughter posing like that i would defiantly not allow it because thats not classy .... me being a responisable adult...who i am assuming took this picture...would have never allowed it to happen.... i am 22 years old and to this day i will still not walk around a comp in just my uniform ....i usually wear my warm up pants and a tshirt over my uniform ..... and i make sure all my poses are appropriate in case someone were to post it somewhere i am always representing my gym in a good clean way .... JMO... Besides Uniforms are for the actuall comp mat..... not to be worn around after words to Mcdonalds or out to eat after a comp.. if im paying between 200-300$ for my uniform you best believe i am only wearing it when needed

I will try again. When adults start using the word provocative in context with a specific child whose face is being shown repeatedly on the internet that is a very serious problem. We are discussing a live identifiable minor child. A little girl. Not a preteen, not a teenager, not a 22 year old or a 50 year old cheer mom.

*shrug* I just feel like the uniforms isn't what loses cheerleading any credibility. The cheer community should be focusing it's efforts on creating a unified scoresheet and figuring out a better division system IMO.

Besides, when people are looking at if cheerleading is a credible sport, they won't be looking at the minis - they'll be looking at the level 5s, and at that age, crop tops aren't inappropriate. Just some food for thought!
But most people who criticize the credibility of the sport are outsiders looking in. They don't know the issues with scoresheets and how Large Senior is dying and frankly they probably don't care. They take one look at us and think, "are those little outfits really necessary?" I remember I did a project for sociology last year. It was all about stereotypes; we had to create a digital presentation describing and disproving common misconceptions about whatever topic we wanted. Of course I did cheerleading for mine ;) Anyway, after presenting to my conservative teacher, the only comment she made was on the uniforms. She recognized the difficulty and hard work that I pointed out in my presentation, but she couldn't get past the crop tops and small skirts. People who aren't in All Stars are our biggest critics. They don't understand the "culture" and the passion that we have for our sport so it's hard to rationalize why they're so quick to judge. But back to the original statement, yes, I do believe at first glance, uniforms are responsible for some of the credibility lost for the cheerleading world.

I will try again. When adults start using the word provocative in context with a specific child whose face is being shown repeatedly on the internet that is a very serious problem. We are discussing a live identifiable minor child. A little girl. Not a preteen, not a teenager, not a 22 year old or a 50 year old cheer mom.
Actually, her face was edited out of the picture. I'm not condoning bashing a little girl who probably doesn't know any better, but the pose + the itty bitty uniform does not shed a very good light on the program. Half the people reading this thread haven't heard about the Fierce program until now and that picture is first impression they're going to get. You may not think it's provocative, but some obviously do.

Excuse me. That child is posing PROVOCATIVELY?????????????????? Did you really just say that. WOW. I have a million pics of my kid at Disneyland and in groups with little gingham shorts, and swirly dresses and tiaras and pink bows in her hair in that same little girl sticking her belly out and shifting her hips pose. AND NONE OF THEM are provocative because she is not in a 2 inch wide cheer uniform. Attack the program. Not the little girl. Period.

ADMINS, can you please delete the picture of the little Fierce girl from this thread she is now being blamed for being a kid and having her picture made at a cheer competition. Sheez. mstealtoyou kingston @ANy freaking one with a brain in their head.

Where is the pic?

I think I got them?

Please peeps be smart and not make me have to close this thread.

But most people who criticize the credibility of the sport are outsiders looking in. They don't know the issues with scoresheets and how Large Senior is dying and frankly they probably don't care. They take one look at us and think, "are those little outfits really necessary?" I remember I did a project for sociology last year. It was all about stereotypes; we had to create a digital presentation describing and disproving common misconceptions about whatever topic we wanted. Of course I did cheerleading for mine ;) Anyway, after presenting to my conservative teacher, the only comment she made was on the uniforms. She recognized the difficulty and hard work that I pointed out in my presentation, but she couldn't get past the crop tops and small skirts. People who aren't in All Stars are our biggest critics. They don't understand the "culture" and the passion that we have for our sport so it's hard to rationalize why they're so quick to judge. But back to the original statement, yes, I do believe at first glance, uniforms are responsible for some of the credibility lost for the cheerleading world.

I agree. This is why virtually every news piece you see on Allstar cheer is comparing it to pageants, Toddlers & Tiaras, etc., and is very biased.

Lol. In my blind rage I did not even notice her face blanked out, but even that is not enough. Last try... A little kid is a little kid. It is still a very dicey slope to call a little child provocative. Going off the achieve inner peace now. Ommmm. :)

really honestly i am not trying to start anything im simply trying to defend fierces programs choice to go with the uni ever since i have seen them compete they have had shorts and crop tops and amazing routines so i guess to me it seems unfair that people are going off sayig i would never allow my child to wear that so on and so on and i would never personally attack a minor as i have younger siblings myself i have a brother who is two and a sister who is ten and for me to see somebody younger clearly emulating pictures i see girls my age take in an inappropriate context/setting i begin to think a younger girl doing that is no way near appropriate - again this is due to CONTEXT example here - dance moms there was an episode where the girls wore fishnets crop tops and shorts had a dance where they were they had to smack their behinds and do other various moves out of their age bracket because of the outfit and motions combined EXTREMELY inappropriate however change the outfit and setting your little girls wearing pigtails a yellow turtle neck and a white dress overtop with stockings and marry janes and starts dancing and hits her butt a few times its going to be waaay less provocative or inappropriate because it was done with innocence

* sorry for hijacking the thread i just felt i needed to get something across

anyways i love all of the uniforms fierce came out with
carolina crossfires unis show how less can be more and there is never such a thing as too much bling :)

these women that play beach volleyball are noted on how sexy they appear as well as how competitive they play and how well they can do it

now im not saying this is an excuse for shorter tinier bathing suit uniforms but its just a case to be made - on that note most cheerleaders are already stereotyped on the "sexual appeal" they have you can thank the nfl for that, now i dont really have a clear point here but honestly before you attack what you see gym owners creating think first what you allow your child to see and emulate

And were is it to some extent any different than a senior team being watched by a group of men?? I'm sure they would idolize what they can do, but also comment on how "hot" the girls all are.

...Yeah, because as athletic as VB is, you're watching people on a beach in swimwear bending over. I'd HOPE there were requirements! :p Don't get me started on the WNBA though..

So it's OK to tell a woman who plays beach VB she's not allowed to wear a bigger bikini bottom, if she feels uncomfortable in the required size??? Simply because she's so athletic and on a pit of sand???

Back