All-Star New Worlds Venue Ideas

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Yes, Disney is expensive. But if you move the competition from Disney, I'd bet the International competition goes down by over half. And that would be a huge blow to the whole "World Championship" idea of it. Plus you can't beat WDW with their entertainment, transportation, lodging, etc.

All that being said, yes I do think the Milkhouse is too small. My solution = give less bids.
I agree..... Give LESS bids! It seems like its gone back to just about anyone can get a bid. I love Disney and as it is a WORLD comp its kinda cool. I bet people from other countries are excited to come see Mickey Mouse!!!

With that being said, if it wasnt there any more, I liked the pics with the 2 venues close together, or NY.( Statue of Liberty ~ kinda a cool symbol of america! haha right)
#1. How do you know that international participation would be cut in half? My experience has been that everybody loves to visit the US. Also, large quantities of the international visitors stay in the US for weeks before/after worlds. I assure you they are not purchasing a 21 day park hopper pass. If they want to visit disney then they will add it to their trip.
#2. I am FOR less bids. But, I just can't follow the logic that less bids would create less crowding during the large senior finals. 7 teams were in finals and no other division was competing at the time in the milk house. If there were 15 less small senior/small coed teams that arena would have still been over-crowded.

The "problem"(not that it is bad) is that many, many, more folks are taking the trip to sit and watch high quality cheerleading. To some degree all-star is becoming a spectator sport.

Honestly I think in the eyes of USASF/IASF Disney is the only option. Its literally a city they can take over for a long weekend. Everything they need to run it is there with probably less cost than other venues. Disney is a draw for International teams too. I just don't see Worlds ever leaving Disney World. Minus the overcrowding and high prices, the USASF has a well oiled machine going on with Disney. Why fix something that (in the USASF/IASF's eyes) isn't broken.

Over crowding is a major issue. And it will probably always be, but if thats the only major downfall to Worlds being in Disney, oh well.

I also say Madison square gardens!!! Lol you have time square and new York city for your entertainment!! Shopping like no other and realllly great food!

As much as I would love it to be at MSG, cause I could just take the train in everyday :) , I don't think it's realistic. If you think Disney is expensive, you haven't' seen anything yet! Just food alone would be crazy expensive. Not to mention hotels ect.

Though, I do agree that there's great shopping, the high tax rate is annoying.

just my opinion, but since you asked; WALT DISNEY WORLD in Florida. LOVE DISNEY. There are logistics that USASF needs to address, but DISNEY does the job.

But who is to say it couldn't be made convenient anywhere else?

*eta- i think its very inconvenient paying $25 to have no seat. and dont tell me to get there an hour before, it just shouldnt have to be like that.

you shouldnt take it completely serious, its not like what we say is going to change the venue anytime soon! theres been so many post about it already.

Actually....posting here I think helps....a lot of people complained about the "feel" of Josten's and they changed the back drop this year....I think Admin has a perfect idea and if enough of us get on board and are "serious" about it....things could change!!...shimmy to ADMIN!!!

Coming from an international perspective, I'm only from Canada so its not very far, but I personally have had enough of Disney. I came to Worlds this year as a spectator and will hopefully be returning next year to compete, but I mean once you have seen disney once or twice theres nothing new. With international teams not having an age cap, you can assume these athletes would be on the team for at least a couple years. WDW is completely over priced and I'd personally love to see somewhere else for a change. No matter where Worlds is held the international teams are still going to be paying a lot to get there, wouldn't it be more exciting if they go to see New York or Dallas or Georgia as a change in stead of always Orlando?

But who is to say it couldn't be made convenient anywhere else?

*eta- i think its very inconvenient paying $25 to have no seat. and dont tell me to get there an hour before, it just shouldnt have to be like that.

The logic of those that suggest "just get there early" as an actual solution bother me. Think through this one people. If 10,000 people all get there 5 hours before the first team performs, you still can't fit them all into 5,000 seats.

I think they are putting an "avoid rush hour" traffic solution to a "parking lot is too small" problem.

If this all about the USASF maximizing revenue for its competition, then sure, I would guess Disney would be the way to go. I'm sure the deal with WDW is quite profitable for the USASF, and from a pure logistical standpoint having everything on one property is easy.

If it's about the USASF wanting the sport to grow, then yeah, it's got to move to - at a minimum - a 12-15K seat venue, preferably one with a convention center attached or nearby. If Disney doesn't have the capability, then the competition has to move somewhere else. Yes, it wouldn't be as logistically simple as the current setup, but it would be far more accessible to spectators. I would guess there are at least a dozen U.S. cities that fit the bill.

And no, I don't buy for one second that international attendance at Worlds would plummet if you moved it out of Disney.

Here is what I posted in a thread some time ago.

Everyone needs to think of it logistically. And from a few angles.... If you can think of something that would meet all of this criteria and then some, please let us know... and the USASF/IASF. So you all might not like the price of the competition, but it makes sense from a lot of angles AND i think the majority of people have a great time.

First, worlds is the most prestigious competition of the season (or so thats what they want you to think)
So you need a great venue to give that atmosphere.
Next you need a family environment. That is what cheerleading is about. Every competition says the routine needs to be suitable for family viewing. And you need something for people to do while not at the competition. It isn't about sitting there and watching every team for a lot of families
Next you need hotels that are convenient to the venue and you need to provide transportation to and from the venue to the hotel. also you need to house a large number of people. With disney you are dealing with one group to book hotels. If you go to individual hotels, then you have different prices for each hotel and limited space.
Next you need transportation to and from the airport to the hotel. (disney takes care of this so its one less thing iasf needs to worry about)
Some place to hold the block party that children can go to without their parents (who is going to let their child walk down the strip in vegas at 11pm)
It needs to be a place that people will got on a plane for over 12 hours to come to. Atlanta and Dallas really aren't that appealing for foreign visitors.
It needs to have good weather... if there is the posibility of bad weather, then you have to deal with people not being able to make it.

Back