All-Star New Worlds Venue Ideas

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm having a hard time with those who keep saying it needs to be a good vacation spot. Fact is we are there for Worlds. If you what to see Mickey Mouse there is a time and a place for that OUTSIDE of Worlds, where the venue for Worlds will be held should be based solely on the best place to accommodate the athletes and the spectators. Sorry Mickey but you should not have a say in this.

anaheim arena seats 2,500 more people than the milkhouse alone...

if anaheim is small, the milkhouse must be microscopic to @Seeker30 and @POWERCOED4EVR

maybe so, but for the amount of people who come to worlds, its just going to b a hassle to fit everyone in the general area..... at least when ur at disneyworld u have room to roam around.... and other stages to watch at

OK so after reading everything, for all of you saying that in 2014 when that contract has to be renewed for another good 6 years, you really think we should keep it at the milkhouse? Because this sport is just getting bigger and bigger. So this whole "get there early" logic won't work forever, eventually everyone will begin to get there early, and im sorry but when they have to almost shut down the milkhouse more than once, and beg people to go outside and watch on a big screen, that's when a new venue needs to come into place, thats crazy to charge people that kind of money and they not even get a seat. Just crazy. We need somewhere bigger, and quite frankly, once you have seen mickey you have seen mickey. I feel like this should be more based on the actual competition than entertainment anyway, although i know the usasf keeps that in there so they can make these crazy thousands of dollar packages....
We need somewhere bigger, plain and simple. You can cut bids all day long, but the fact of the matter is, our sport is growing, and more and more SPECTATORS are starting to show up.

maybe so, but for the amount of people who come to worlds, its just going to b a hassle to fit everyone in the general area..... at least when ur at disneyworld u have room to roam around.... and other stages to watch at

And why wouldnt there be room to roam at the convention center or another stage to watch?

Not everyone would get to compete in the same place. There are too many teams to be able to have them all compete on the same mat in one day. if they used hall b at the anaheim arena it could be set up exactly like jostens...it goes to i believe hall f...thats 4 halls in between to roam. not to mention the two floors above it if you want to roam around.

And why wouldnt there be room to roam at the convention center or another stage to watch?

Not everyone would get to compete in the same place. There are too many teams to be able to have them all compete on the same mat in one day. if they used hall b at the anaheim arena it could be set up exactly like jostens...it goes to i believe hall f...thats 4 halls in between to roam. not to mention the two floors above it if you want to roam around.
OHH KAY now i have to agree, Because i remebered that for American Showcase! they put us in the back section of the building and USA put the perfformance in the front halls. so that would be 4 huge halls already just for cheer! this is perfect.

It needs to be a place that people will got on a plane for over 12 hours to come to. Atlanta and Dallas really aren't that appealing for foreign visitors.

I still think this is somewhat overrated. It's the World championships of the sport. If teams are really serious about competing at the World championships, they'll attend no matter where it is. If they perceive it as a vacation primarily, then maybe they won't. In the long run, that might actually be a net positive.

Rich's point about the international teams is that they can't justify the amount that they spend, just to stay for 4 nights. They have to make the trip a vacation to make the trip worth it. I just looked at flight pricing to fly from Heathrow Airport in London to Orlando (flying out on a thursday and flying back on a monday just like US teams do) and the cheapest was £471.50, which converts to $761.28. That's a lot of money to spend out of your own pocket on a flight alone (the most money I've seen be given out as bid money in the UK is $5000 so teams basically pay for the entire trip themselves). Worlds needs to be held somewhere that fits all the other points that Rich said and has enough attractions that can entertain an international team for a week+. Also the flight pricing I looked at was for during school weeks, Worlds is usually around the same time that English schools are on a two week break for Easter so flight would be even more expensive because of it being school holidays. I would imagine that flights would be even more expensive for teams in other countries that are further away from the US and only offer at large bids.

I agree with Rich, if I was competing at Worlds and I was told it was in Dallas, Atlanta or even Anaheim as some people have suggested, I can't say I would be particularly excited. I would be excited about being able to compete at Worlds, but they don't quite have the same appeal as Orlando. Especially not Anaheim, I don't even know where that place is and I had never heard of it until it was suggested (no offense meant to anyone from Anaheim, I'm just saying).

I apologise for the essay and if some parts don't make sense it's because I'm tired, I hadn't intended to write this much and I had a two hour exam this morning :confused:

The fact of the matter is that while yes we are there for Cheerleading Worlds, Cheerleading is always a family event. Every single big nationals always has a page on their site directed to families with area attractions. Its always geared towards the family.

I really don't think it is a great marketing strategy to say, oh well here's a great arena, I don't care if there is nothing else for you to do. I feel like in addition to being the cumulative competition that sums up the season, it is a lot more to that for a lot of people.

I personally have never been to a park during worlds except when I competed at Indiana Jones. However, I still believe a majority of the people in attendance take advantage. Instead of just replying and saying oh thats stupid, go ask your team how many people went to a park when not cheering.

Also, If it is just a saturday and sunday competition in a random city, it will lose its allure of being an EVENT. People won't want to come for a few days, and some people won't justify the cost.

I think that if Disney can't find a way to seat more people then it needs to be changed. I agree with the thought that it is a World Championship...splitting hairs on Dallas or L.A. is useless. Teams work their butts off to get to Worlds, no matter the state it is in. It's not about fairness to geographical location (or the West side of the US gets shafted every year. We have to pay way more to get to Worlds EVERY YEAR) that's not the issue. If we want our sport to grow and be recognized we have to get serious about it. Foster more spectators, not worry about "vacations" and make sure there are rooms to stay, seats to sit in etc....IMO

Orlando has a brand new state of the art arena that would be a perfect venue. The Amway Center can fit upwards of 15k people. It's centrally located. You can still probably use Disney lodging if thats an issue. Yes teams would have to provide there own transportation to and from the venue, but it would probably still end up being cheaper than what it is now. (I can only speculate on cost as I have never taken a team to Worlds. YET!!) :D

I agree with this. I just drove past the new Amway Arena and it is located right off I-4 about 20 minutes from almost all of Disney's hotels, although I know transportation would be an issue, this is such a nice venue. I competed at the old Amway Arena which is about 5 or 6 blocks from the new one and had no problem getting from Disney to this venue. I did see some Disney buses there, but don't know if they maybe were privately contracted out for certian teams that paid a fee for it. We still enjoyed all of what Disney had to offer. I have also compted at the Milk house and thought it to be to cramped than other venues I have competed at.

Back