All-Star New Worlds Venue Ideas

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 15, 2010
So i know a lot of people are ready for worlds to be somewhere else for whatever reason. Myself included. Mickey is just to expensive, and everyone is always complaining about seats and what not. And after this year, when they kept repeating that there were nice seats outside with a tv screen, i seriously wanted to say ok thanks give me back my money, and i'll go home and watch on my computer screen. So if you were in charge of moving worlds NEXT YEAR, where would you move it to? You can't just think about one small thing, you have to think about the big picture.
1.entertainment-What would you do for entertainment if there was no mickey?
2.size of venue-can you fit everyone inside.
3.travel expenses-where are the majority of people from? For instance having worlds in africa prob isn't the best idea since a majority of the teams are from the USA. Are there plenty of hotels? etc.

so with all of this in mind, my vote goes for Georgia World Congress Center.
It does cheersport nationals, which is the biggest event in cheerleading.
if it can have 900 teams plus their families, plus fans, im pretty sure it can do worlds to.
Plus the walk from venue to venue wouldn't be so bad.
And more divisions could go on at once. Maybe 4 or 5 at a time?
I think it could work out nicely. As for seating, that would need to be fixed. The seating at cheersport nationals sucks right now, but you can't tell me they wouldn't make enough profit to get some better seats.
Only con-no parks. Six Flags is a big of a ways away from there, but hey, apparently hotlanta attracts enough people for cheersport-im sure you can find SOMETHING to do for the weekend :)
Ok let me hear your ideas now :)

this a venue type of setting, correct? like dallas? not very familiar with the west coast sorry :)
i was joking, this is Skid Row! near Dowtown L.A
wv9i.jpg

im in for going to NY! I really like worlds being in disney though...or california for sure.
call me crazy but dallas would be a good arena too. they could have like each division in a different arena then on day two they could have the top teams all in the main arena

I am not particularly a fan of the staples center/los angeles convention center/nokia theater area. Although it is dirty, there is plenty to do in Los Angeles.

My suggestion stays the same as last year, the year before, and so on.

I think the Anaheim Convention Center is a nice idea. Dance could be held at the Honda Center down the street.

The Arena at the convention center holds 7,500 people. HP Field house has 5,000
The arena could be set up to where virtually all of the seats would be able to be used. Even if 500 were blocked from the worlds backdrop, there would still be 2,000 more seats than the milkhouse. Anaheim has often times put out folding chairs on the floor. Just the most seating.

Warm ups in anaheim provide much more space than in the milkhouse and jostens. they are also connected and there are many ways to get to the halls from the arena or the arena to the halls.

The convention center also has quite a few halls as well that would have seating like Jostens but in my opinion would be better because there are multiple exits, multiple bathrooms, plenty of space for warm ups, drinking fountains, etc. Bleacher seating can also be done.

Hotels in Anaheim are also a lot cheaper than in florida. There are PLENTY of hotels to stay at. Downtown disney, disneyland, and california adventure are all less than a mile from the convention center and most hotels. Most hotels are within walking distance of the convention center. There are plenty of restaurants around as well.

The honda center is maybe 10 miles from the convention center? Its a beautiful arena. Its seating capacity is also at 7,000 people

This is the arena in anaheim.It was set up for a volleyball match i think but i tried to make it to where everyone would see what im talking about...
the green is where the judges could be set up. blocking absolutely no chairs what so ever. the orange is the vip seating on one or both sides of the judges, and the yellow is where the pretty worlds backdrop could be set up. The way the seats look behind the backdrop are how they look behind the judges. there are also two huge screens on either side of the arena that jostens performances coule be played on or those tragic interviews right when they get off the floor or those annoying we are cheerleader commercials theyve been playing since '09

be6a94.jpg

this is a picture of the outside of the anaheim convetion center where all the entrances to the halls are, the arena has a separate entrance but everything is accessible to each other
2bqw0k.jpg

and the honda center for dance
715y1h.jpg

11vpuex.jpg

i do realize worlds will not be changing venues anytime soon however this would be my wish

I agree that the Milk House is no longer sufficient for housing the massive amount of athletes and spectators who come to watch every year, but Walt Disney World is so well-equipped to work with and assist international visitors that I hesitate to wish the competition venue be anywhere other than on WDW property.

...Though if Worlds was moved to NY, I'd have a much easier time attending! :p

I am not particularly a fan of the staples center/los angeles convention center/nokia theater area. Although it is dirty, there is plenty to do in Los Angeles.

My suggestion stays the same as last year, the year before, and so on.

I think the Anaheim Convention Center is a nice idea. Dance could be held at the Honda Center down the street.

The Arena at the convention center holds 7,500 people. HP Field house has 5,000
The arena could be set up to where virtually all of the seats would be able to be used. Even if 500 were blocked from the worlds backdrop, there would still be 2,000 more seats than the milkhouse. Anaheim has often times put out folding chairs on the floor. Just the most seating.

Warm ups in anaheim provide much more space than in the milkhouse and jostens. they are also connected and there are many ways to get to the halls from the arena or the arena to the halls.

The convention center also has quite a few halls as well that would have seating like Jostens but in my opinion would be better because there are multiple exits, multiple bathrooms, plenty of space for warm ups, drinking fountains, etc. Bleacher seating can also be done.

Hotels in Anaheim are also a lot cheaper than in florida. There are PLENTY of hotels to stay at. Downtown disney, disneyland, and california adventure are all less than a mile from the convention center and most hotels. Most hotels are within walking distance of the convention center. There are plenty of restaurants around as well.

The honda center is maybe 10 miles from the convention center? Its a beautiful arena. Its seating capacity is also at 7,000 people

This is the arena in anaheim.It was set up for a volleyball match i think but i tried to make it to where everyone would see what im talking about...
the green is where the judges could be set up. blocking absolutely no chairs what so ever. the orange is the vip seating on one or both sides of the judges, and the yellow is where the pretty worlds backdrop could be set up. The way the seats look behind the backdrop are how they look behind the judges. there are also two huge screens on either side of the arena that jostens performances coule be played on or those tragic interviews right when they get off the floor or those annoying we are cheerleader commercials theyve been playing since '09

be6a94.jpg

this is a picture of the outside of the anaheim convetion center where all the entrances to the halls are, the arena has a separate entrance but everything is accessible to each other
2bqw0k.jpg

and the honda center for dance
715y1h.jpg

11vpuex.jpg

i do realize worlds will not be changing venues anytime soon however this would be my wish

I LOVE THIS IDEA. Couldnt agree more

Back