Newbie Looking For Info About Hot Shots Camp

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

acecheermom

Cheer Parent
Apr 14, 2015
I am looking for info about Hot Shots camp. My daughter has never attended this before and likely will be this year. I'm just trying to get info of what to expect for this. Are there certain things she should take beyond the obvious cheer clothing and shoes? I'm not even sure what other questions I should be asking about it. I know zero about it except that it will be in Miami. Oh and I know the dates. So any information is appreciated. Thanks

Bathing suit. CP had attended twice and really nothing special was needed. Your coaches or other teammates that have attended in the past may have some info on anything specific ACE wants them to bring.

If cp attends I am sure she, assuming a she, will love it.

**If a team drops 1 or 2 levels for a competition and still doesn't win is it sandbagging**

Thanks. You assume correctly it is my 12 year old daughter. Well she will be 13 right before she goes. I know someone with our program said parents aren't required the kids can just ride a bus. But she's so young I'm just not sure about doing that. Do you know what there is for parents to do? or would we just explore the city? Do the kids all room together, like on a school trip?

Also just to add. This was our first season with Ace. Our Ace program is still fairly new I think this was their 3rd maybe 4th season so I'm not sure anyone from our gym has ever attended, well except maybe a coach.

Thanks. You assume correctly it is my 12 year old daughter. Well she will be 13 right before she goes. I know someone with our program said parents aren't required the kids can just ride a bus. But she's so young I'm just not sure about doing that. Do you know what there is for parents to do? or would we just explore the city? Do the kids all room together, like on a school trip?

When CP went a few years ago it was in Orlando. CP and her CP friend roomed with me. They kept them busy all day (8-3 I think) and the adults had the day to do what they wanted to do.

I would imagine rooming arrangements will be gym specific as to rooming together or not. We were told which hotel was the "host hotel" and there was a block of rooms for the camp that we could book.

One year for cp it was in Hollywood Fl so a bathing suit was a necessity, lol

I am sure your gym will offer some sort of carpool and room the kids together along with some chaperones. Those are the only adults I have known to go.

**If a team drops 1 or 2 levels for a competition and still doesn't win is it sandbagging**

Also just to add. This was our first season with Ace. Our Ace program is still fairly new I think this was their 3rd maybe 4th season so I'm not sure anyone from our gym has ever attended, well except maybe a coach.

If she gets the opportunity to attend, I promise that ACE will provide very specific details on what to take.

Many kids do attend alone, but the vast majority, especially those 16 and under, will have their own parent (or another cheer parent as guardian) attending to help supervise.

She (and you) will have a blast.

Thank you all very much. I do know Ace has been super good about providing information so you're right I'm sure they will do so again. I'm just looking ahead as I have 3 other children so trying to get an idea of what I might do this summer. I really want to go with her as she is so young but wasn't sure if that was frowned on or not but it seems it will be all good. Thanks again.

Back