High School Nhscc

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Yea... it is rough... I do understand the schedule was getting SO tight... I know one squad that was running around like chickens with their heads cut off last year to try to make it to game day, world School , JV and Varsity performances... and the traffic between divisions was insane

I like it, a lot.

I don’t give one teeny tiny little rip if my kids ever step foot on a theme park property. Next year, with two big classes coming from our feeder schools and only graduating six seniors, I may have two varsity routines and two Gameday routines to compete. I’d rather not have perform 12 times over two days.

to try to make it to game day, world School , JV and Varsity performances...
i found their problem.

its the UCA National High School Cheerleading Championship, not the JV Tournament, and not the World School varsity int'l profit event either.

I like it, a lot.

I don’t give one teeny tiny little rip if my kids ever step foot on a theme park property. Next year, with two big classes coming from our feeder schools and only graduating six seniors, I may have two varsity routines and two Gameday routines to compete. I’d rather not have perform 12 times over two days.
if the comps were organized to find the best routines and teams, then you would only have to do 8 (semis and finals), but since the divisions are too overcrowded, three rounds of comp are required. its almost silly at this point

Last edited:
I like it, a lot.

Last year my kids made it to the park for a couple of hours and we’re DONE... they all Ubered food and watched Netflix on their lap tops all day they were so tired.

if the comps were organized to find the best routines and teams, then you would only have to do 8 (semis and prelims), but since the divisions are too overcrowded, three rounds of comp are required. its almost silly at this point

We’ve probably talked about this. I agree with you whole-heartedly. It’s out of control. I don’t see that changing any time soon, though.

do you do parks before comp or after?

We go to animal kingdom together the first day and they do “easy rides” and more hang out. End of day they ride Expedition Everest together- it’s a tradition
After 6pm that night it’s WORK time... as in get to bed and get your head right. Kids are allowed to go into the park after all is done, but many of my kids don’t want to. How bout yours?

We go to animal kingdom together the first day and they do “easy rides” and more hang out. End of day they ride Expedition Everest together- it’s a tradition
After 6pm that night it’s WORK time... as in get to bed and get your head right. Kids are allowed to go into the park after all is done, but many of my kids don’t want to. How bout yours?

Nice.

we arrive thursday and do comp prep all day friday. we as coaches have to ensure they are ready following a 4 hour flight to a different climate, at a lower altitude, from a time difference (as yall do too). then we do parks on Monday, leave tuesday.

The three day comp schedule is def throwing a wrench in my preparation plans, as well as the overall trip plans.

i found their problem.

its the UCA National High School Cheerleading Championship, not the JV Tournament, and not the World School varsity int'l profit event either.

Since Varsity's master plan is to just rent out the venue as much as possible, why couldn't they (in theory) split this whole thing into two weekends? I agree that in a perfect world, they'd take out JV and all the excess, but because that would lose them $$$ it'll never happen. So wouldn't extending it be a win win for all involved? Split it by Division I/Division II for all I care, just do something ya know?

Since Varsity's master plan is to just rent out the venue as much as possible, why couldn't they (in theory) split this whole thing into two weekends? I agree that in a perfect world, they'd take out JV and all the excess, but because that would lose them $$$ it'll never happen. So wouldn't extending it be a win win for all involved? Split it by Division I/Division II for all I care, just do something ya know?
they are reactionary rather than proactive, so eventually yes.

i'd like to see Junior High/MS and Rec/Club be removed to its own weekend. Obviously the JV train has already left the station, and maybe only some rules could help deflect that (and they won't put JV at a diff event due to coaching staffs etc), so it feels like they need to do some separation. Like you mention, a D1 and D2 NHSCC wouldn't be bad either.

They are on contract to add more events, I don't know why they don't get started and help all us out

I know USA does a seperate nationals for JH/Rec, but I doubt UCA would take that up, even if it would alleviate some of the traffic of the weekend.

Coming back to high school after doing all star for 3 years - I thought it would be a better experience going to Florida after the debacle of Summit last year.

I'm not thinking so. My daughter's team just got their bid this past weekend and there are no rooms left on any disney property. It's ridiculous that they have you jump through hoops to try to get a room on property.

Even if her team manages to get in - we already booked at a nearby hotel and will do the commuter package.

Back