All-Star No Tolerance For Underage Drinking At Worlds?!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

BUT, if its a law in the usa they have to follow it?
I have no idea. I was just saying that (for ample) in canada if you're 18, you can drink publicly I believe. I'm not sure, so don't take that as fact. But what it comes down to, to me at least, is more of a thing chalked up to cultural differences.

I have no idea. I was just saying that (for ample) in canada if you're 18, you can drink publicly I believe. I'm not sure, so don't take that as fact. But what it comes down to, to me at least, is more of a thing chalked up to cultural differences.
Okay, I mean, most people know usa=21 years. and if no one else is drinking around you..mhmm why should you?

the age is 19 in Canada for most provinces, but Quebec (the french province) is actually 18, so any one 18 and above would be used to legal drinking.
you can actually drink at any age in Canada (with some restrictions) as long as you have parental supervision..

USASF isnt in charge of the cheerleaders it is not there job to control underage drinking that would be like baby sitting, theres a reason only senior teams come to worlds now because USASF believes they can be responcible enough to make smart decisions on there own. And if they choose to do whatever they want to do then they know the consequences.

USASF isnt in charge of the cheerleaders it is not there job to control underage drinking that would be like baby sitting, theres a reason only senior teams come to worlds now because USASF believes they can be responcible enough to make smart decisions on there own. And if they choose to do whatever they want to do then they know the consequences.
problem is, usasf didnt follow through will their promises about the consequences?

What is USASF suppose to do?? There were thousands of cheerleaders?? When pulling an event off this big i dont think on the for front of there mind is drinking, they are probably focused on the cheerleading and the competition itself

What is USASF suppose to do?? There were thousands of cheerleaders?? When pulling an event off this big i dont think on the for front of there mind is drinking, they are probably focused on the cheerleading and the competition itself
hmm lets hope..

Not really sure what makes you think the USASF actually believes that. If senior teams were considered "responsible enough" to make their own decisions, then the dance party wouldn't have been canceled out of hopes that these types of situations wouldn't happen so much.

true, but most of these teams never visit america for no more than a weekend anyway. but i say if your going to drink, do it in your room, NOT a place where children walk around looking up to adults like there superhero's. It's not just a bad influence on the cheerleaders, but also to little kids there as well. In germany you can drink at the age of 16. i would understand if they only came to americaa for that weekend and did not know the drinking age. but the teams should be enlightened before they come over here.

yes, they have to abide by US law...i went to boarding school with tons of international kids, and many of them legal where they lived...but they couldn't drink over here. and my dad's side of the family is from england...when they come over here, if they aren't 21 they can't drink...people aren't going to look at your ID and say, "oh, you're from a country where you can drink, so i'm going to sell you alcohol even though you're under 21 and the legal age in this country.".....

Let's remember it's 2011 people and were americans!!!! :p

Back