Olympic Cheerleading?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Fact is "1" united Federation will increase numbers by a large amount and only strengthen the fight for the acceptance in the Accord and then later down the road maybe the Olympics.

Fact is "1" united Federation will increase numbers by a large amount and only strengthen the fight for the acceptance in the Accord and then later down the road maybe the Olympics.

Our industry definitely needs to become more united before we have a chance of getting accepted by Sport Accord. How do we get over the issues that are keeping us from uniting?

The only thing that I DONT want to happen is that the cheerleading rules do NOT get changed! I mean we already have enough crazy rules as is. Our rules now get changed every year and the age grid doesn't help! I mean its 4 long years away!!! the kids that are on junior teams now the kids that are 10/11 will be on the Olympic team! its crazy to think that it will be happening!! but, who know! this sport has come a LONG way in just the short 15 years that I have been cheering!

The only thing that I DONT want to happen is that the cheerleading rules do NOT get changed! I mean we already have enough crazy rules as is. Our rules now get changed every year and the age grid doesn't help! I mean its 4 long years away!!! the kids that are on junior teams now the kids that are 10/11 will be on the Olympic team! its crazy to think that it will be happening!! but, who know! this sport has come a LONG way in just the short 15 years that I have been cheering!

Who said it was happening? I don't even think there's a proposal to get it in there. What level would it be? What ages would it be? etc. I would imagine it would be our current Team USA, which is all kids 18+, competing level 6, not the kids that are 10/11 now.

If cheer ever makes it to the Olympics, please sweet baby jesus can we ditch the cheer section of the routine? It kills me in ICU that it's worth 10% of the score and NO other country has a tradition of sideline cheerleading. It's self-defeating to tell your friends you don't actually "cheer" and then they see you competing for your country and you're actually cheering... with signs... and poms... :georgia:

I feel like cheering is way too complex for the olympics. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see it as a category in 2016, but I don't think it's possible. & On an unrelated note, can anyone tell me why basketball is an olympic event, yet softball was taken out?

I feel like cheering is way too complex for the olympics. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see it as a category in 2016, but I don't think it's possible. & On an unrelated note, can anyone tell me why basketball is an olympic event, yet softball was taken out?

Because the USA kept winning

If cheer was in the Olympics, the scores or rosters couldnt be a secret and everyone would have to follow the same rules regardless of the country, we're so not ready

Back