All-Star One Up Nationals, Nashville April 2015

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

this isn't exactly pertinent to this thread in particular... but since we don't really talk about one up anywhere else - anyone know why the switch to georgia next season? another bid comp in georgia is boring. i liked the location of this!

They said the city of Nashville and the convention center wasn't working with them. They were only offering them limited space and things like that. So they had to make the switch.

Not that I'll actually be there but so sad Beatles and WCSS won't be there! I wanted to see new performances so badly of both of them! And I know WCSS has gotten grand champ the past few years there and without Beatles there too it looks like grand will be open for anyone to take! Interested to see who will get it! I personally am hoping for World Cup Suns or SJS Lady Reign to take it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

this isn't exactly pertinent to this thread in particular... but since we don't really talk about one up anywhere else - anyone know why the switch to georgia next season? another bid comp in georgia is boring. i liked the location of this!

We were thinking about going to Nashville just to have fun this weekend but, when we went to book a hotel near the convention center the prices were crazy! The Downtown Holiday Inn Express and Mariott were right at $400, even a Best Western was $300. Nope, no fun in Nashville this weekend.

Premier Athletics will have 83 teams competing at One Up this weekend!
I saw this on Twitter and my jaw dropped haha! How awesome for their program to pretty much all be together at one comp. I just had practice at their gym tonight to get ready for one up and the facility was really cool!

So much Jersey at this comp. World Cup, Central Jersey All Stars, South Jersey Storm, Jersey All Stars.....We could've stayed home and did this.
(I'm just bitter cause we traveled all the way here and have no competition)

Exactly. For the most part all the north east programs (nj pa ma) and rockstar are all top 3 is most divisions.

So much Jersey at this comp. World Cup, Central Jersey All Stars, South Jersey Storm, Jersey All Stars.....We could've stayed home and did this.
Were you originally supposed to have competition? Or were you always competing against no one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have always kind of wondered how Y5 parents and kids (and some other division parents as well, like Large Senior at some comps) feel about paying to travel when you are pretty sure you have no one to compete against.

I know there is always that possibility for ANY level 5 depending on the comp (if it's not a bigger national), but for Y5, I feel like it has the potential to happen a lot. Like, do your kids ever get exasperated when they compete with no one? This happened with my school cheer team (the other 3 teams in the division at a small comp did not show due to inclement weather) and they hated it. I took it as a practice run for our next comp, but the kids were not thrilled.

I have always kind of wondered how Y5 parents and kids (and some other division parents as well, like Large Senior at some comps) feel about paying to travel when you are pretty sure you have no one to compete against.

I know there is always that possibility for ANY level 5 depending on the comp (if it's not a bigger national), but for Y5, I feel like it has the potential to happen a lot. Like, do your kids ever get exasperated when they compete with no one? This happened with my school cheer team (the other 3 teams in the division at a small comp did not show due to inclement weather) and they hated it. I took it as a practice run for our next comp, but the kids were not thrilled.

I always wondered how they feel about paying $$$ to travel to compete against the same 3 teams. doesn't that get just as old?

Back