All-Star Pepsi Refresh Project - Special Athlete Team Needs Your Help

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Nov 11, 2010
First of all, Congrats to all the World Teams on a great weekend!

Now that the season is over, the Colorado Sun With Special Needs could really use your help and support.

As we all know, cheer is expensive. And parents of childen with special needs often have many more additional bills and expenses. The Colorado Suns With Special Needs (CSSN) is a non-profit organization that is dedicated to making sure no special needs athlete in Colorado is turned away from this great sport due to financial need. We want to make sure that any special athlete who wants to be a part of our wonderful team (Colorado Suns - Cheer Central Suns) can be!

Which brings me to our request. Pepsi just started a new year today (May 1) of their Pepsi Refresh Project, where they give millions of dollars to organizations with 'refreshing' ideas. The CSSN is absolutely thrilled that we have been accepted for voting for the month of May.

We would greatly appreciate it if this wonderful cheer community would vote for our group at www.refresheverything.com/coloradosuns or text 106192 to PEPSI (73774).

For more information, you can visit our Facebook Page: Colorado Suns With Special Needs
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Colorado-Suns-with-Special-Needs/275208075056

Thank YOU!!!

Just voted! Awesome group of cheerleaders - made me tear up. This is what it is all about - going out and enjoying the pure fun and joy of being a cheerleader. Hope you guys win.:)

Thank you!

They do love it so much. My daughter would be in the gym seven days a week if she could. It is the only sport that we have ever participated in where the special athletes are included with everybody else. My daughter, who has Down syndrome, told me that it was the first time she ever felt "normal."

So glad this program exists and supports your daughter's love of cheer. I saw some pictures of your team and the smiles on their faces show the happiness this sport brings them. Continued success.

Okay, non-facebook savvy mom here- I only have an account so I can monitor my kids' accounts. When I went to vote for y'all, it appeared to me I could only do so if I allowed Pepsi access to my info and allowed them to post on my site. I have no problem with them identifying me as a voter, I just don't want to give them access to everything. Is there someway I can give y'all my support without having Pepsi all over my account. (Sorry, if this is basic, but I really have no clue.):oops:

You can text a vote without having to give any info.

You can text 106192 to Pepsi (73774)

You can also set up an account with Pepsi, but that also involves giving them an e-mail address and a name. But it doesn't access you facebook info.

Thank you so much for considering helping. Our kids (and our parents) thank you very, very much!

Thank you for letting us know. That is a great picture and obviously a great program. Just voted. Good luck!

Thanks again everybody! The cheer community is so wonderful.

And it should go without saying that if any other team goes for a Pepsi Refresh grant this year, we will be throwing our votes their way. There are so many great special needs programs out there and this is such a nice way to help them get funded.

Keep the votes coming. It only takes a minute to text 106192 to PEPSI (73774). We are in 37th place out of over 300 in our category, but we need to be in the top 10 by the end of May.

Much appreciated!!! Thanks all.

i sent a text and post the info on my face book if that is ok for you. in the past i have given free practice bows to special needs teams pm if you are interested in them for your program

Thank you funnygirl. Right now we are good as we wear the gym practice bow. But what a nice gesture. Hopefully another special needs team can take advantage of your generosity. Thank you again for voting and a huge thanks for posting it on your face book.

Back