OT Poolside Reads

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Outlander is my favorite series in existence. Any questions just ask me or @12stepCheermom. Although we do warn you, once we start talking about it we often don't stop until the white flag is raised.

Ah perfect, good to know. I am about half way through. I do like it although there are a few chapters here and there where I lose focus for a bit, more of the fighting like chapters. It is different than I thought it would be but then again I wasn't provided a huge backstory when it was suggested I read it.

Outlander is my favorite series in existence. Any questions just ask me or @12stepCheermom. Although we do warn you, once we start talking about it we often don't stop until the white flag is raised.
I attended the same university as Diana Gabaldon. Although, she was long gone when I got there. Still, it is a small school and one of its claims to fame.

Ah perfect, good to know. I am about half way through. I do like it although there are a few chapters here and there where I lose focus for a bit, more of the fighting like chapters. It is different than I thought it would be but then again I wasn't provided a huge backstory when it was suggested I read it.
You have much Outlander goodness ahead of you. I promise. I was 24 when I read it for the first time and I have never stopped reading it.

Just finished the first one!! It was so good!!!
I'm so glad you enjoyed it. Those books are such a part of my life and I've read the entire series through 3 times over the years; am currently on the 4th. Warning: the second book (Dragonfly in Amber) will initially make you feel like you've picked up the wrong book and makes no sense when you start. Just keep reading. :)

I'm so glad you enjoyed it. Those books are such a part of my life and I've read the entire series through 3 times over the years; am currently on the 4th. Warning: the second book (Dragonfly in Amber) will initially make you feel like you've picked up the wrong book and makes no sense when you start. Just keep reading. :)
Will do! I can't wait to start!

If you are into a bit of paranormal romance, I loved Karen Marie Moning's Fever series. :)

Any John Green book but my favorite is Paper Towns. I've read it over and over again. I love it. I read Gone Girl last week while I was at the beach, I liked it. and I've almost read every Nicholas Sparks book. I've read the Clique series too and I really liked those. I love reading... lol

I am a huge bookworm so bare with me! These are some of my personal favourites:
- Divergent trilogy (liked the books better than the hunger games, sorry not sorry)
- Any book by Cecelia Ahern (The Year I Met You, Love, Rosie / Where the Rainbow ends and How to Fall in Love being my personal favourites)
- I love a good autobiography and was really impressed by Off Balance by Dominique Moceanu, very interesting
- My fav book of all time; The Rose Petal Beach by Dorothy Koomson
- The Perfect Chemistry trilogy is one of my favourites also!
- Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire
- this is a love story by Jessica Thompson

As you can tell I am a sucker for a good romance novel...

Just started Outlander book series and I'm hooked!

I would also recommend reading the Game of Thrones books, although I'm irritated at waiting for book #6 because the author takes forever to put out a book. I started reading GOT after catching a few episodes of Season 1 show and although that was not my usual genre of books, I got hooked on those, too. The sheer number of characters in the books is crazy, but entertaining (for hours and hours because all of the books are very long).

Any John Green book but my favorite is Paper Towns. I've read it over and over again. I love it. I read Gone Girl last week while I was at the beach, I liked it. and I've almost read every Nicholas Sparks book. I've read the Clique series too and I really liked those. I love reading... lol
Paper Towns is my favorite John Green book as well, I love it!

bringing this thread back because I need help finding new books!

looking for an easy, but enjoyable read. I really love John Green, Jodi Picoult, and similar authors.

bringing this thread back because I need help finding new books!

looking for an easy, but enjoyable read. I really love John Green, Jodi Picoult, and similar authors.
Modern Romance by Aziz Ansari!!! It just came out a few weeks ago and is fantastic! He worked with a sociologist to look into the way that relationships form in today's society, why things work or don't work for guys/girls, online dating, Tinder, etc. Basically it's a true research book presenting really interesting information backed up by facts, but written in a comedic way. I'm single with no desire to date right now and I absolutely loved it. The only downside is that it's brand new and only available in hardback.

Modern Romance by Aziz Ansari!!! It just came out a few weeks ago and is fantastic! He worked with a sociologist to look into the way that relationships form in today's society, why things work or don't work for guys/girls, online dating, Tinder, etc. Basically it's a true research book presenting really interesting information backed up by facts, but written in a comedic way. I'm single with no desire to date right now and I absolutely loved it. The only downside is that it's brand new and only available in hardback.
That's next on my list! I'm really excited to read it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back