Power Cheer/ Gymtyme Merge

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 20, 2011
this has already been said on fierce board, but to get more detail. Gymtyme suffered from bankruptcy and Power cheer bought them. It is called Gymtyme all stars and the teams will be assigned to either practice at Power Cheer or Gymtyme. That's all I know so far

this has already been said on fierce board, but to get more detail. Gymtyme suffered from bankruptcy and Power cheer bought them. It is called Gymtyme all stars and the teams will be assigned to either practice at Power Cheer or Gymtyme. That's all I know so far
And your source of this info is....?

Power%20Cheer%20Logojpg.png
New%20Logojpeg.png
Dear Power Cheer and GymTyme families,
We are pleased to announce that Power Cheer All Stars and GymTyme All Stars are now officially operating as one! Our merger unites two great businesses and market leaders in the cheerleading industry.
Starting in the 2011-2012 season, both All Star teams will combine to compete as the GymTyme All Stars. (There will no longer be a Power Cheer All Star team.) All teams will be selected to be age and skill appropriate. After tryouts, the coaching staff will look over all of the talent and design the most competitive teams possible. From there, some teams will be assigned to practice at GymTyme and some teams will be assigned to practice at All About Kids.
What does this mean for you?
  • More competitive All Star Teams for the 2011-2012 season and in years to come
  • A better talent pool of cheerleaders to produce the best possible teams
  • Great coaches working for the same goal
  • Coach speciality like gymnastics tumbling, choreography, stunts, etc.
  • More teams to place your child appropriately.
  • We will be able to offer a better schedule for classes and skill training.
Our goal is to continue delivering high quality instruction in a fun, safe atmosphere. To accomplish this, we will work hard to communicate to parents to let you know of changes that will take place at both locations.
Although we have separate histories, we have always shared a common goal: to produce the best cheerleaders on and off the floor. We remain dedicated to this objective as we are operating as one.
Rest assured that the All Star merger will be a gradual process, with no disruption to our team practices. We will continue working hard to earn your business, and we want to personally thank you for your loyalty and support. If you have questions, please attend a meeting at All About Kids at 7pm on Thursday April 21, 2011 or 9pm on Thursday at GymTyme.

Cheerfully,

Angie Tyler, Owner Misty Hodges/James Speed, Owners
All About Kids GymTyme All Stars

I dont know where you are getting your info from.. If there are questions feel free to contact the Gyms.. This is a great business desession for these two programs.

that's all i've heard idk what they're doing about uniforms and stuff but that's about all i've been told. There's going to be some parent meeting to answer all the questions that people have about this merge. idk when but hopefully soon

but Power cheer did for sure buy gymtyme. I'm thinking they kept the name gymtyme because it's well known across the nation

i think it was the discounts that were offered for joining and stuff like for boys and if you cheered for gymtyme and your school

I was at the parent meeting last night and when asked "Why" the sudden decision to merge, it was NOT said that this was because of bankruptcy. Therefore, this tells me one of two things, either it isn't true or this information was NEVER intended for the public. This is NOT a public company so they don't have to disclose their personal financial information. So, since cheerkenfreak just joined Fierceboards the day the news was published, seems like they just wanted to get one last twist to the knife in Misty and James backs.

On a positive note, this is going to be a positive thing for both gyms. They have competed with each other for many years, so instead of cutting each other's throats, why not join forces and combine the teams. This will only make the GT teams stronger in the long run. It is going to take some time, but if the parents of both gyms would be positive about the change, the kids will follow suit. With Angie's business sense and Misty and James amazing abilities to coach, the GT teams will be phenomenal as they always are but with more kids to make more amazing teams. Congratulations on the merge, I think that it will be a challenge to combine these two gyms, but with time and co-operation from kids, parents, coaches and gym owners, this gym will come out stronger and even more of a force in the cheerleading industry.

I was at the parent meeting last night and when asked "Why" the sudden decision to merge, it was NOT said that this was because of bankruptcy. Therefore, this tells me one of two things, either it isn't true or this information was NEVER intended for the public. This is NOT a public company so they don't have to disclose their personal financial information. So, since cheerkenfreak just joined Fierceboards the day the news was published, seems like they just wanted to get one last twist to the knife in Misty and James backs.

On a positive note, this is going to be a positive thing for both gyms. They have competed with each other for many years, so instead of cutting each other's throats, why not join forces and combine the teams. This will only make the GT teams stronger in the long run. It is going to take some time, but if the parents of both gyms would be positive about the change, the kids will follow suit. With Angie's business sense and Misty and James amazing abilities to coach, the GT teams will be phenomenal as they always are but with more kids to make more amazing teams. Congratulations on the merge, I think that it will be a challenge to combine these two gyms, but with time and co-operation from kids, parents, coaches and gym owners, this gym will come out stronger and even more of a force in the cheerleading industry.

As you have said, this is only going to make them stronger in every level. It is a good move for both gyms. The coaches, staff and athletes are going to be able to be utilized to the fullest extent of their abilities and skills.

Back