College Prelims Scoring Break Downs - Nca College 2014

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

King

Is all about that bass
Staff member
FBOD:LLFB
Dec 4, 2009
Just a way to look at prelims scoring breakdowns for coaches looking to get into competing at NCA. Looking at all these this year helped me a lot.

Know that what you do gets you into a certain rubric, but the judges then awards points based on their subjective opinion in relation to what others do in that certain category.

Attachments

• cn_cheer_results.pdf
    2.2 MB · Views: 817
For context here is the college rulebook, rubric, and scoresheets for 2014 as well.

Attachments

• college_rule_book.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 2,412
These are some examples that don't make sense to me - not trying to pick on any teams in particular....

JMU scored a 9.65 in tumble in small coed 1. They had no standing fulls, a few two to fulls, and maybe 6 or so in running.
Louisville scored a 9.78 in tumble in small coed 1A. They are a tumble powerhouse. Standing fulls - maybe 5-6. All the 2 to passes ended in fulls and all running included full and specialties.

The scores just seem too close for the difference between them.

U of Maryland was a 9.48. They had several standing fulls, many 2 to fulls and lots of running passes. Doesn't make sense to me??

Seems the IA schools get judged more critically?

It's Varsity, so maybe it's just like all star, where your scores are relative to the teams in your division.

What I was going to say. Different judging panels most likely. Do they still announce a grand champion? I can't remember.

It is all relative to your specific division. You cannot compare one division to another.

Back