All-Star Prepping For The Cheerpocalypse: What Will We Do When Shtf?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I mean...I broke my arm doing a cartwheel when I was seven because my hands missed my deck and hit the ground instead haha. I told my mom the truth about it on my 22nd birthday (two weeks ago) because I had told her I slipped and fell off the deck when it happened [emoji28]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I mean...I broke my arm doing a cartwheel when I was seven because my hands missed my deck and hit the ground instead haha. I told my mom the truth about it on my 22nd birthday (two weeks ago) because I had told her I slipped and fell off the deck when it happened [emoji28]

This reminds me of when I was like 5 and I wanted to be a "dare devil" and I stood on my moms office chair (the ones the spin around) and I was gonna jump from it on to my bed (literally less than 6 inches away) and I put my Barbie dolls in a little Barbie car and put it underneath it so I could jump over them. And I missed my bed and fell flat onto my barbie's car, breaking my wrist. I told my mom I fell off my bed, and I finally told her when I was like 13 or something that I actually was being stupid and caused it, not a freak accident.

This has nothing to do with this thread haha. I've never hurt myself tumbling in my house or yard, but I could definitely hurt myself walking down the stairs or something.

See also: JUMPS!

I've seen kids roll ankles and such on just garden-variety toe touches. Not even fancy combos.
This reminds me of when I was like 5 and I wanted to be a "dare devil" and I stood on my moms office chair (the ones the spin around) and I was gonna jump from it on to my bed (literally less than 6 inches away) and I put my Barbie dolls in a little Barbie car and put it underneath it so I could jump over them. And I missed my bed and fell flat onto my barbie's car, breaking my wrist. I told my mom I fell off my bed, and I finally told her when I was like 13 or something that I actually was being stupid and caused it, not a freak accident.

This has nothing to do with this thread haha. I've never hurt myself tumbling in my house or yard, but I could definitely hurt myself walking down the stairs or something.

random injury story to add on:
When I was in kindergarten, I was having an all out dance party by myself. The babysitter was upstairs and her daughter who was my age had just gone to the bathroom. I was feeling pretty great channeling my inner Brittney and decided that all pop stars can do backflips. I attempted a standing tuck on concrete that had a thin carpet over it. I landed on my jaw, miraculously did not break my jaw or my neck, but cracked a back molar from the impact.

And people wonder why I blocked on standing tucks for two years.

Haha my mom wasn't even mad when I told her, she just laughed. I did break my hand running down my hallway once because I got excited, threw my arms in the air, and slammed it on the door frame. It happens to the best of us haha.

I feel bad for laughing at the visual I got from that.

Agree 100%
And those amazing tumblers that can't walk across the floor without rolling an ankle.
This is so my CP. Her high school coach has requested we bubble wrap her when not at practice[emoji23][emoji23]

Reactions: VTX
See also: JUMPS!

I've seen kids roll ankles and such on just garden-variety toe touches. Not even fancy combos.

When I was at my old gym before the last one we had 2 girls do a toe touch and roll their ankles in the same week 3 weeks before nationals!! The coach was like umm please no more injuries then as on cue the next day we had another injury luckily everyone recovered before nationals

I was about that same age when I wanted to jump from the chair to the floor; I went to jump, the chair spun, my leg went into the arm portion and I had a spiral fracture down my left leg. I was in a cast for like 3 months. It sucked!

Do poor technique or overtraining increase one's likelihood of rolling an ankle?

Poor technique and overtraining can lead to a multitude of injuries; I would assume a rolled ankle would be on the list.

Latest posts

Back