All-Star Question About Half Up/half Down Hair???

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

You're actually not allowed to have hair touching your uniform for SC high school competitions. So no half up/half down unless you have an above the shoulder bob.

You're actually not allowed to have hair touching your uniform for SC high school competitions. So no half up/half down unless you have an above the shoulder bob.

my high school team did half up and were deducted for "touching our hair." they called it a safety violation. this was at an all-star comp with a school division, though, so idk what scoresheet/rules we were following.

Personally when my gym tried 2 seasons ago with curly half up and half down it lasted one competition and for our senior 5 it didn't even last that. We had trouble at the showcase with hair getting in the way, and the coach let us where our hair fully up but curled while the rest of the gym wore half up and half down. After that one competition we went back to our normal straight pony hairstyle because it just was in the way! An when I mean in the way it got in people's faces during tumbling, caught while stunting and was sticking to everyone. But also mostly everyone on my team had decently long hair

my high school team did half up and were deducted for "touching our hair." they called it a safety violation. this was at an all-star comp with a school division, though, so idk what scoresheet/rules we were following.
That's funny. I wouldn't be surprised if that was how it was worded for SC too. I know it's definitely under safety.

We used to do this hair style for my high school back in the day ( "loose curls" or straight depending on the event. The really tight "Gymtyme style" curls didn't have as much of an issue) .
All of us with long hair would end up with it somehow getting caught in between our torso and arms for any sort of motion/dance section. Don't ask me how, but it was a serious problem for our team LOL. Having your hair get pulled from being caught in your armpit when coming up from some dance/motion floor work............I do not miss those days.......
#longhairproblems

Back