All-Star Random Cheerleading Questions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Honestly, that’s just not healthy. Plus, hello? School? WTH? I predict there will be very few Triple Crown contenders next year.

Some quick math.

If you are that person who typically takes your kids out for both the FRIDAY and MONDAY of any major comp weekend, your kid will miss a full week (6 days) across 3 weeks.

Also shout out to all the people who forge doctors notes and excuses to get kids out early for comps, you are going to need to get creative because that's a lot to ask over 3 weeks!

Honestly, that’s just not healthy. Plus, hello? School? WTH? I predict there will be very few Triple Crown contenders next year.

Exactly our gym will only do 2 out of the three with NCA being one for sure and to be honest I kind of like the idea of a possible break in between 2 two day competitions.

Some quick math.

If you are that person who typically takes your kids out for both the FRIDAY and MONDAY of any major comp weekend, your kid will miss a full week (6 days) across 3 weeks.

Also shout out to all the people who forge doctors notes and excuses to get kids out early for comps, you are going to need to get creative because that's a lot to ask over 3 weeks!

ITA (not the forgery of course :D)

Some quick math.

Seeing this makes me so happy cp is finished. Missing school for cheer stresses me out. Not to mention there is no margin for cheerbola.

Signed,
The Mean Mom Who Will Book an 11pm Flight Home to Avoid a Friday-Monday Absence

Seeing this makes me so happy cp is finished. Missing school for cheer stresses me out. Not to mention there is no margin for cheerbola.

Signed,
The Mean Mom Who Will Book an 11pm Flight Home to Avoid a Friday-Monday Absence

Also with back to back travel weekends, you've got an 100% chance of catching cheerbola.

Our last comp backed up to a playoff weekend basketball game with travel last year.

The sick list for that first practice back included me, my assistant and 7 kids.

Some quick math.

To be honest...I’d love to see some of these creative excuses. I find myself in awe of the ballsy-ness of some moms. I’m not throwing shade...I enjoy reading fiction.

Plus, what do you do when your kid returns from this trifecta TRULY sick??? We went to all 3 last year (had a weekend off b/w NCA & UCA, tho) and I ended up with the absolute worst case of cheer crap/crud ever. They need to develop a vaccine...

I can’t imagine telling families they have to travel that far that many times, never mind back to back.

I wonder if you’ll see more programs, and especially the lower levels or less known worlds teams, picking one over the other

I can’t imagine telling families they have to travel that far that many times, never mind back to back.

I wonder if you’ll see more programs, and especially the lower levels or less known worlds teams, picking one over the other

I mean, there already are programs who do not do UCA because they can't ask people to spend that kind of money before Worlds or Summit. (Cheer Athletics is one that comes to mind.)

There are some who do either/or between Cheersport and NCA. (ex: I don't think all CEA teams/locations do both every year?)

I think top Worlds teams who ALREADY do all 3 will continue to do all three.

c141a6b34244303d819079ac161b0e6e.jpg
Omg, why Varsity... why?!!

I mean, there already are programs who do not do UCA because they can't ask people to spend that kind of money before Worlds or Summit. (Cheer Athletics is one that comes to mind.)

There are some who do either/or between Cheersport and NCA. (ex: I don't think all CEA teams/locations do both every year?)

I think top Worlds teams who ALREADY do all 3 will continue to do all three.
If you’ve seen the schedule for UCA, you’ll notice a TONNE of Worlds teams who normally attend UCA not attend this year (small Coed is an exception)... and that’s with one weekend gap between NCA and UCA.

This back-to-back-to-back weekends for the triple crown is like a death sentence for UCA.

Hasn't UCA's attendance been declining over the years? I can't imagine that this will improve that, if anything it will probably have the opposite effect.

It just seems like in comparison to NCA and Cheersport, hardly anyone goes to UCA anymore.

The "Triple Crown" is nothing more than a marketing ploy to get gyms to go to UCA since they seem to lose numbers each year (it was one of my favorite comps, so it's too bad - but who wants to go to Disney 2-3 times in 2 months?). With very few exceptions, the only gyms who go to all three events are Florida and Georgia based gyms since they can drive to two of the three events. I think for the first couple of years some other gyms were enticed to spend another $2k for a shot at the triple crown, but most decided it isn't worth parents going broke over.
I wonder if UCA changed to a January date if they would get more teams to attend.

There are a lot of programs doing it. Gyms can do whatever they want, but I'll bet dollars to donuts they knew what they were doing. They could choose to stay small L6 and small L5. There are so many ways to work the numbers and every gym is different, but to intentionally play the loophole does not do the sport, their program or most importantly their athletes any good.

I'm sure the xsmall rules will change next year.

I also think the International division rules will change next year to not allow whole teams to crossover.

For most EP’s - teams with 14 and under are automatically put in XS even if they plan on competing small at worlds. It’s a numbers thing. I’ve seen IEPs who will let teams choose which division but at major nationals and most varsity events the teams are registered by size no matter what.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hasn't UCA's attendance been declining over the years? I can't imagine that this will improve that, if anything it will probably have the opposite effect.

It just seems like in comparison to NCA and Cheersport, hardly anyone goes to UCA anymore.
I think it comes down to the double-Disney trip. Worlds/Summit is the primary goal for teams, and Disney isn't cheap. Two trips in one year for anyone outside of driving distance is a lot to swing for a family.

Back