All-Star Random Cheerleading Questions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

his comment must be very awful (probably offensive) that most of his teammates voted him off. I just hope that he will continue to cheer because he is such a talented athlete. This might be a great lesson for him to be better in the future.

I’ve been holding my tongue because honestly I don’t really care about any of this lol but I do have to say it’s quite surprising that a program would allow athletes to vote another teammate off. It’s not exactly what I would expect from a reasonable coach or program director. A proper investigation should’ve been conducted and if it was determined objectively that the individual indeed said something reprehensible or that they we’re just bringing the team down with their bad attitude then they should’ve taken action based on that information. If I was a coach and I observed that someone had a contagiously bad attitude or had an observed history of saying inappropriate things that made others visibly uncomfortable/demotivated then I would kick them off and not rely on the subjective nature of a team vote. Isn’t this a team with mature adults on it? Getting voted off seems like a particularly immature way to address reports of bad behavior.
Idk… it’s hard to explain so perhaps it’s better if I paint a picture. Imagine if you were working in an office and one of your coworkers said something to another coworker that most certainly warranted an immediate termination but your entire office was very close to rounding out the final sales quarter of the year and the coworker who said the bad thing was one of the top salespeople in the office so instead of HR firing this person so close to the final quarter HR decided to host a meeting without this individual and allowed their colleagues to take a vote…

…like that’s what it feels like to me. Just no. HR needs to fire the person and be done with it if they conducted a proper investigation and determined that the accusations were true. Nobody’s employment should be based off the opinions of their coworkers. I hope that makes sense.

Now obviously cheer is a bit different so on second thought there may be a lot of other factors at play so I don’t want to speak to this situation specifically but I still stand firm in the fact that top tier worlds teams shouldn’t be using a peer-based ballot system as a way to determine someone’s place on a team. Only the coaches and directors should be making these decisions. Period. Just my opinion.

I’ve been holding my tongue because honestly I don’t really care about any of this lol but I do have to say it’s quite surprising that a program would allow athletes to vote another teammate off. It’s not exactly what I would expect from a reasonable coach or program director. A proper investigation should’ve been conducted and if it was determined objectively that the individual indeed said something reprehensible or that they we’re just bringing the team down with their bad attitude then they should’ve taken action based on that information. If I was a coach and I observed that someone had a contagiously bad attitude or had an observed history of saying inappropriate things that made others visibly uncomfortable/demotivated then I would kick them off and not rely on the subjective nature of a team vote. Isn’t this a team with mature adults on it? Getting voted off seems like a particularly immature way to address reports of bad behavior.
Idk… it’s hard to explain so perhaps it’s better if I paint a picture. Imagine if you were working in an office and one of your coworkers said something to another coworker that most certainly warranted an immediate termination but your entire office was very close to rounding out the final sales quarter of the year and the coworker who said the bad thing was one of the top salespeople in the office so instead of HR firing this person so close to the final quarter HR decided to host a meeting without this individual and allowed their colleagues to take a vote…

…like that’s what it feels like to me. Just no. HR needs to fire the person and be done with it if they conducted a proper investigation and determined that the accusations were true. Nobody’s employment should be based off the opinions of their coworkers. I hope that makes sense.

Now obviously cheer is a bit different so on second thought there may be a lot of other factors at play so I don’t want to speak to this situation specifically but I still stand firm in the fact that top tier worlds teams shouldn’t be using a peer-based ballot system as a way to determine someone’s place on a team. Only the coaches and directors should be making these decisions. Period. Just my opinion.

Normally I would agree with you, but like you said, this is a team of adults. Nobody has come out and said what the accusations were, but if someone is toxic and saying things that negatively impact the team, maybe it's not the worst idea that the team gets to decide. I think it comes down to asking adults if they can confidently be on a team with someone that has said or done things that many would not consider appropriate, and you got your answer. Like I said, adults. Team culture can do a lot more for a team than talent, and these adults recognized they did not want someone like that taking the floor with them. I actually kind of love it.

Normally I would agree with you, but like you said, this is a team of adults. Nobody has come out and said what the accusations were, but if someone is toxic and saying things that negatively impact the team, maybe it's not the worst idea that the team gets to decide. I think it comes down to asking adults if they can confidently be on a team with someone that has said or done things that many would not consider appropriate, and you got your answer. Like I said, adults. Team culture can do a lot more for a team than talent, and these adults recognized they did not want someone like that taking the floor with them. I actually kind of love it.

I see where you’re coming from here. From that perspective it does make a bit more sense. Cheer is not a professional work environment per se and these ARE mostly adults who could collectively decide for themselves so perhaps they don’t necessarily need a coach to decide for them. You’re right. I guess I’m so opposed to it because I wonder what the dynamic is like in a situation like this. I know I would stand up for what is right but I hope the mob mentality didn’t kick in and people didn’t vote based on their personal bias. Example: Sally just doesn’t really like Susie because Susie outshines Sally in the jump section and so Sally voted Susie off even though Sally doesn’t really care about the actual topic of the vote. Hope that makes sense. But using my own logic, you’re probably right. They are mostly adults so perhaps they’re capable of making a mature, well thought decision together.

This is a big thing. You can have a team full of fierce flyers, Gen Next level tumblers, you name it, but if they hate each other and can't get along it won't matter. Same with staff too. You can compose an amazing team but if the staff is toxic or somehow doesn't gel with the kids, you won't see positive results.

Random question. Does anyone know any exercises that someone can perform in a regular gym environment that will strengthen their stunting and tumbling? I have a membership at Lifetime Fitness so full access to weights and machines.

Random question. Does anyone know any exercises that someone can perform in a regular gym environment that will strengthen their stunting and tumbling? I have a membership at Lifetime Fitness so full access to weights and machines.

Debbie Love has a website where she lists a ton of things you can do to condition. I am pretty sure a lot of them can be done in a regular gym.

Skills New | For The Love Of Tumbling

Also check out Chellsie Memmel's IG account. She posts a lot of gymnastics-focused conditioning exercises that I imagine would help cheerleaders too.

Makes me so sad; From a small bakery "Confections" in Lufkin, Tx -
Confections - Home | Facebook

Today has been hard. Really hard.
We lost a significant amount of followers because of a rainbow heart cookie we posted.
We received a very hateful message on our business page canceling a large order (5dz) of summer-themed cookies for tomorrow morning (that we just finished decorating) because of a rainbow heart cookie we posted.
My heart is heavy. Honestly, I never thought a post that literally said more love less hate would result in this kind of backlash to a very small business that is struggling to stay afloat and spread a little cheer through baked goods.
So. If you love our cookies we will have an overabundance of them tomorrow. Hopefully, tomorrow will be better
2764.png

We lost a significant amount of followers because of a rainbow heart cookie we posted.
We received a very hateful message on our business page canceling a large order (5dz) of summer-themed cookies for tomorrow morning (that we just finished decorating) because of a rainbow heart cookie we posted.
My heart is heavy. Honestly, I never thought a post that literally said more love less hate would result in this kind of backlash to a very small business that is struggling to stay afloat and spread a little cheer through baked goods.
So. If you love our cookies we will have an overabundance of them tomorrow. Hopefully, tomorrow will be better
2764.png
Remember there are way more supporters than haters nowadays. Thank you for your support to the LGBT+ community!!

2764.png

This is completely random but my family amd I always go to this bakery when In Texas.

Back