Random Skill Question

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

King

Is all about that bass
Staff member
FBOD:LLFB
Dec 4, 2009
Is it unique that I can do a 'full split' with my hand? (Long story asking why just curious)
4u5ara3y.jpg

Is it unique that I can do a 'full split' with my hand? (Long story asking why just curious)
4u5ara3y.jpg

What?? A "full split?"

In this picture your fingers do appear appear relatively large in proportion to your palm. However, that has nothing to do with your question.

What?? A "full split?"

In this picture your fingers do appear appear relatively large in proportion to your palm. However, that has nothing to do with your question.

Make a straight line from pinkie to thumb.

Well, it does look like your thumb extends quite a bit, like there is some laxity in the CMC joint. The thumb itself in the IP joint isn't overly extended, but your metacarpal is exceptionally straight in this pic. You can see it poking into the fat pad there on the lateral side of the hand.

Well, it does look like your thumb extends quite a bit, like there is some laxity in the CMC joint. The thumb itself in the IP joint isn't overly extended, but your metacarpal is exceptionally straight in this pic. You can see it poking into the fat pad there on the lateral side of the hand.

Interesting. But that's just my hand folding a bit, not poking into the pad.

Interesting. But that's just my hand folding a bit, not poking into the pad.

But when I was comparing my hand to yours, mine has a lot more "webbing" in between the index finger & thumb. I'm not flipper or anything, but mine is obviously stretched when I have my thumb fully extended and yours doesn't appear to be like that.

But when I was comparing my hand to yours, mine has a lot more "webbing" in between the index finger & thumb. I'm not flipper or anything, but mine is obviously stretched when I have my thumb fully extended and yours doesn't appear to be like that.

So I can make the L between my thumb and index finger bigger than average?

Make a straight line from pinkie to thumb.
If you call a "full split" a straight line from pinkie to thumb, then no, that's not unique - I can do that, too (I actually got that "skill" from doing finger speed drills for piano lessons)

If you call a "full split" a straight line from pinkie to thumb, then no, that's not unique - I can do that, too (I actually got that "skill" from doing finger speed drills for piano lessons)

Didn't have a name for it. And I never thought it was unique. But a few people I was stunting with did.

Back