All-Star Replacing Athletes With New Athletes...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Why is this program such a hot button for people? Cheer Athletics has won more, Ace and Rockstar have more location. It's not a female owner thing because World Cup is owned by women. But whether it's from inside the gym, or out, someone always has a complaint. What is that?

I think you answered your own question.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It is interesting how differently other sports are set up. In baseball the pitcher, football the quarterback, really any positions or spot in most sports are never promised, etc. and can be switched out mid game without given reason, notice. It is just part of those sports and clearly set up that way. Cheer is a very unique. If you miss practice or a competition, then your stunt group can't go up, half the pyramid may have a hole in it, etc. The dynamics are different.

Yes but it also happens in baseball where if too many kids are missing you are forced to forfeit the game or take an out every inning. Also if you only have 1-2 good pitchers who also play a second position and one misses a game you may be without the kids you need for key positions. It's every sport.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes but it also happens in baseball where if too many kids are missing you are forced to forfeit the game or take an out every inning. Also if you only have 1-2 good pitchers who also play a second position and one misses a game you may be without the kids you need for key positions. It's every sport.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't think about that.

Came back to say something similar. Holding a athlete and child accountable is making sure they are wearing the right outfit, behavior. A skill is something you can lose for whatever reason and I think 'punishing' people for that is a bit much. Take someone off steam but do it in a way that's not negative but positive, I'm trying to make life easier til you can be back to your old self again.

S/n
Even attendance is one that doesn't sit well with me with minor aged children not taking themsevles to practice. I can't help if mommy can't find her keys or dad had a last minute thing at work and we're running late. Parents and coaches should teach kids to call and let them know but it shouldn't be a production because it probably isn't their fault.

I was talking about things that athletes and parents have some control over and can usually relatively easily fix and meant like a long term chronic attendance issue.

I was talking about things that athletes and parents have some control over and can usually relatively easily fix and meant like a long term chronic attendance issue.

I understand. I just felt like adding that because I know a lot gyms are critical of lateness no matter who's fault it is.

There are mega gyms out there with few if any crossovers. Stingrays, Md Twisters, World Cup, Cheer Athletics, Woodlands....My understanding is CEA only has around 150 kids at the main gym talking to people that have gone there. Do they use crossovers to make them seem like a larger gym similar to the top gyms they compete against? I understand they have several locations, but I don't think they are as large as what most consider the top gyms.

The other mega gyms mentioned are from suburbs of big cities? Or in population dense areas (NJ). But Kernersville is just a small town not really close to any big city. (Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not an expert on mega gyms.) So I guess they are an unusual mega gym in several ways.

Piggyback on @Nikaa, that is one fond memory of this sport I have, Coach Chrissy being more concern about the emotional aspect of the athletes and I think, the athletes worked harder to get the skill for themselves only.... I remembered athletes with full mental blocks, stayed in the routines, but instead performed beautiful layouts, but consequently and surprisingly , had those coveted fulls by NCA, ETC without the pressure and happy athletes...

I would like to point out that this is in front of cameras. It isn't a low pressure environment. Don't forget many people don't see the behind the scenes. I don't want to use any specific examples but I will say there is a tremendous amount of pressure on these young athletes, both then and now.

The other mega gyms mentioned are from suburbs of big cities? Or in population dense areas (NJ). But Kernersville is just a small town not really close to any big city. (Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not an expert on mega gyms.) So I guess they are an unusual mega gym in several ways.

Your question made me curious so I got on google. Some quick numbers (I'm not super familiar with any of these areas besides NC and GA so this is not gospel) ETA I can't speak on how many kids are at each gym, I have no idea. I believe there are around 250 in kville.

Freehold pop 36,000- 50 mi to NYC pop 8 mil, 60 mi to Philadelphia pop 1.5 mil

Kernersville pop 23,000- 15 mi to Winston Salem pop 236,000, 5 mi to Greensboro pop 279,000, 87 mi to Charlotte pop 800,000

Plano pop 269,000- 20 mi to Dallas pop 1.2 mil

Marietta pop 59,000, 20 mi to Atlanta pop 447,000 ETA metro Atlanta is about 5 mil

Last edited:
Your question made me curious so I got on google. Some quick numbers (I'm not super familiar with any of these areas besides NC and GA so this is not gospel)

Freehold pop 36,000- 50 mi to NYC pop 8 mil, 60 mi to Philadelphia pop 1.5 mil

Kernersville pop 23,000- 15 mi to Winston Salem pop 236,000, 5 mi to Greensboro pop 279,000, 87 mi to Charlotte pop 800,000

Plano pop 269,000- 20 mi to Dallas pop 1.2 mil

Marietta pop 59,000, 20 mi to Atlanta pop 447,000

Good research! But metro Atlanta is way bigger than the actual city of Atlanta. :)

There's also Top Gun in Miami.

I would like to point out that this is in front of cameras. It isn't a low pressure environment. Don't forget many people don't see the behind the scenes. I don't want to use any specific examples but I will say there is a tremendous amount of pressure on these young athletes, both then and now.

I agree at that level there is a lot of pressure. CP was a twinkle and struggled with a "MB" and I will tell you first hand it was NEVER made a big deal of by Chrissy or anyone at WC. She took her out of tumble and never mentioned it again. The last comp she was tumbling again and it went back in. She performed it both days. I definitely expected my CP to be removed from parts she was struggling with. If she cant hit she has to come out. CP beat herself up enough and the coaches knew that. I don't disagree with removing a child that hasn't held up their end. I would however have a huge problem with removing my child when they were on deck.

Last edited:
Back