All-Star Revolution Cheer Event

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jac, I bet that is the same one I was thinking about. do you remember who sponsored it?

I think the competition you're thinking of was American Cheer Power in 2004? I remember competing at the Aerie Crown Theater for that. It was my first ever all star competition. I still have the glow in the dark skeleton t-shirt they gave out as a participant gift laying around with my old cheer t-shirts somewhere.

Just an FYI- we booked housing through the Revolution. Now that it's officially cancelled I called the hotel to cancel my reservation. They had no record of my reservation but gave me the number for the Revolution booking folks. Since they said those rooms hadn't yet been given to them from the revolution yet anyway.

When I called them, (feeling I didn't have a reservation since they probably went ahead and cancelled it) it was still active.

If you booked a room through the revolution call 800-243-1583 to ensure your room is cancelled and they'll give you a cancellation number.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Just an FYI- we booked housing through the Revolution. Now that it's officially cancelled I called the hotel to cancel my reservation. They had no record of my reservation but gave me the number for the Revolution booking folks. Since they said those rooms hadn't yet been given to them from the revolution yet anyway.

When I called them, (feeling I didn't have a reservation since they probably went ahead and cancelled it) it was still active.

If you booked a room through the revolution call 800-243-1583 to ensure your room is cancelled and they'll give you a cancellation number.

You're so smart! :kiss:

It's a case study of why PR professionals are needed. They likely didn't have any.

They did. One of them posted on here. I applied for the position and (thank God) thought it sounded um... not what I was looking for... and I didn't do the interview.

But they did have people.

I don't know about all of the participants, but they did contact us and gave us some options that may have allowed the event to continue. We didn't find the options to be very attractive for us, but it isn't fair to say that the teams were not contacted.

Is it being too nosy to ask what the options were that you were given? I mean, I know it's too nosy, but my curious nature has won over common sense here. LOL

i am scared, this is what i am going to school for...
I'm having issues in my job hunt, but you're in a much better area than I am. I also didn't look enough when I was actually in school. Start applying your last semester instead of after graduation like I did!

And of course, networking. Most of the time it's not what you know but who you know. Especially in communications.

Rest assured that the Champions League is still on and plowing full steam ahead! We have an amazing announcement that is coming out in the next few weeks and can't wait to share it with everyone. Stay tuned......

I'm having issues in my job hunt, but you're in a much better area than I am. I also didn't look enough when I was actually in school. Start applying your last semester instead of after graduation like I did!

And of course, networking. Most of the time it's not what you know but who you know. Especially in
communications.

Ahh thanks! And definitely agree with networking. That's another thing I was nervous about.

i am scared, this is what i am going to school for...
Do as many internships as possible. Network network network. Informational interviews are really helpful--email or call the PR firms you are interested in working for and ask if you could do an informational interview with someone. Tell them that you're studying PR and are interested in hearing about the field from their perspective as well as gaining insight into the best way to prepare for the job hunt. I got both of my jobs through informational interviews because when a position comes open, you're one of the first people they think of (if you made a good impression.)

Do as many internships as possible. Network network network. Informational interviews are really helpful--email or call the PR firms you are interested in working for and ask if you could do an informational interview with someone. Tell them that you're studying PR and are interested in hearing about the field from their perspective as well as gaining insight into the best way to prepare for the job hunt. I got both of my jobs through informational interviews because when a position comes open, you're one of the first people they think of (if you made a good impression.)

Thank you thank you thank you!!! I needed to hear all of this!!

Back