All-Star Revolution Cheer Event

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Rest assured that the Champions League is still on and plowing full steam ahead! We have an amazing announcement that is coming out in the next few weeks and can't wait to share it with everyone. Stay tuned......

I think you need to be focussing your attention on my all-pink sparkly backpack!

Thank you thank you thank you!!! I needed to hear all of this!!
Oh, one more thing. Make sure you have a solid presence on LinkedIn. You can meet some great contacts and it's important to show that you are proficient in social media. Watch your Twitter account as well. If it's public, only post what you would want employers to see. I know everyone says "watch your words on social media" but in PR there is more scrutiny because you use those tools in your job.

Is it being too nosy to ask what the options were that you were given? I mean, I know it's too nosy, but my curious nature has won over common sense here. LOL
I won't give specifics, but it was essentially investment options in the event to help raise the capital.

I'm having issues in my job hunt, but you're in a much better area than I am. I also didn't look enough when I was actually in school. Start applying your last semester instead of after graduation like I did!

And of course, networking. Most of the time it's not what you know but who you know. Especially in communications.

Never ever ever...ever used my communications degree. I looked for a job. I started applying long before graduation. My resume was stacked....

I have a friend that is the assoc. direct for PR for Alvin Ailey. She has a degree in Sociology.

Never ever ever...ever used my communications degree. I looked for a job. I started applying long before graduation. My resume was stacked....

I have a friend that is the assoc. direct for PR for Alvin Ailey. She has a degree in Sociology.
Heck yeah, it's definitely a "who you know" field.

While I can vouch that communications is a tough area to break into, I love it and would not be happy in another field. Don't be scared! Turn your fear into drive. The job market is tough for everyone now. My only friends that pranced straight into a job were people who had great connections or majored in some kind of trade. (nursing, teachers, etc.)

Work hard and NETWORK good things will come to you! Know you might have to relocate.

(and to clarify I didn't major in communications exactly, I studied PR/Sport and Entertainment Management)

Last edited:
Back