Routine Themes

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

love themed routines! my team gravity cheer intensity has one every year
08/09-rockstars
09/10-heros
10/11-party girls

Themes are a hit or miss, you have to have make sure that it is clear and choreography has to play into themes also!!!

We have two themes this year for our comp music! Varsity's theme is party/club, and JV is Britney. We usually don't do themes, but we thought it would be fun this year - one team in our area had a California theme last year and something super cute (that I cant remember) the year before. Themes are great as long as you can make them work! :)

our mini team had a sort of girls theme.. lots of girly music. our youth team had a magic theme, obviously songs with the word magic in them :)

Some teams at my old gym do themes... in some cases I like them. My favorite theme of all time was from Rockstar Cheer in Miami... they're Miny's (maybe tiny's?) have the cutest routine and music. It is Disney themed, like Minnie Mouse sort of. They wear little pink bows (the kind without bow tails) and the music has a lot of Disney in it. I saw it at WSF and fell in love!

I was there and saw this routine too! Absolutely adorable, and has always been one of my favorites. They even had little pink converse! =)

i love themes! i've coached youth teams (not allstar) for 13 years, and have done themes for most of them. the girls and parents really get into, as do i! and i can work a theme, let me tell you!! it is very obvious what my themes are, bc in all honesty if you have to guess then you aren't doing it right. my voiceovers, cheer, bows, along with the music all go with the theme. i've started coaching high school this past year, and have also done themes with them. some ideas that i have done, emergency, california (we are from So Cal) jungle, radio, magic, airplane, gambling (our Nationals is in Vegas), time, disney, wedding, for my high school my varsity did a fight theme, and jv did heart.

This past season our theme was days of the week. We used songs from the bangles, beatles , the cure, katy perry, loverboy, to that youtube sensation song friday

This past season our theme was days of the week. We used songs from the bangles, beatles , the cure, katy perry, loverboy, to that youtube sensation song friday
I love that idea. A very unique theme. I love themes but the gym we were at seemed to run out of ideas after 5 years but I am sure they could have come up with something. They keep coming up with new Reality Shows, right?

My high school team does themes every year. My freshmen year was kicking it old school sophomore year was not another one hit wonder (hated it) junior year was crazy/lose your mind. And my senior year was time.

Back