Routine Themes

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I actually never thought of themes extending past music! Glad you posted that - I really like the idea!

My kids use:

Mika - We are Golden
(crazy strange video, btw... haha)

Sam Sparro - Black & Gold

3 0h 3 - Streets of Gold

DJ Fresh - Gold Dust

And another one that is good, but just didn't fit into our cut...
Antoine Clamaran - Gold

Another thought for both of your teams could be 'Gold Forever' by The Wanted! I LOVE that song! It's pretty slow in the beg. , but it picks up! :D

The high school I coached at this past season had themes for JV and Varsity. JV was love and Varsity was Magic/Genie. It was more a theme for the music, but it came out pretty cool!
I love that what songs did you use in your music?!

so we were discussing this topic the other day at practice and apparently while I was at my old gym, my current gym had themes. One year it was shoes.
...whaaaaat? :oops:

Oh I so wish I could tell everyone my teams theme for this year! It's really creative but my coach won't allow anyone to say anything until first competition!!!

My very first routine had a "bad girls theme". Our music had good girls go bad by cobra starship, take it off by Kesha, etc. and we teased our hair :p

This year one of my teams themes is teenagers, we picked songs that related to having confidence and accepting themselves for who they are. Last year each team chose an artist ie Bon jovi, Madonna

Every routine my gym has done always has a theme! Ever since 2001! Here were my team's themes so far:
2002- Candy Girls
2003- Movin & Groovin
2004- The Maine Event (boxing/fighting)
2005- Let Me Entertain You (broadway)
2006- J3: Weather Girls
2007- S3: Private Eyes
2008- S3: Love Doctors
2009- S3: Miracles, S4: Shout It Loud & Proud
2010- S4.2: Genies, S4: Gypsy Swing
2011- S4.2: Future, S4: Paradise Remix (original Paradise theme was in 2004)
2012- S3: Worldwide, S4: Tonight

Can't wait to hear this year's music and find out our themes!

We have a theme for my school team! They've done Wizard of Oz, Magic, etc.... Our JV's theme for regionals was Rock (we're Rock Bridge, so it works well), we didn't really have one for regionals... We have one that's AMAZING for state but it's secret! But our dance always goes with it, it's cute!

Back