OT Share Your True Paranormal Experiences

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
My friend gave me a ouija board on my birthday in like 4th or 5th grade... It was glow in the dark. Nothing interesting ever happened when we tried to play with it. I might still have it in my basement but I haven't messed with it since I first got it. I think that's why ouija boards never freaked me out, it was presented as totally normal and my parents didn't find it weird at all that I got it for my birthday so I didn't know any differently.

I often have a little girl visiting me during the night. She just stands next to my bed. In the beginning I was freaked out, but by now I kind of got used to it. I have no idea if she wants to tell me something, but then she would speak, right? Because she just stands there and looks at me.
I kind of think of her as my guardian angel. I've already had quite a few situations in my life that could've had another outcome and during each one of those situations I did something completely out of character that saved me.

Oh, and never ever again will I touch an ouija board. That thing freaked me out like nothing else in my life.

I often have a little girl visiting me during the night. She just stands next to my bed. In the beginning I was freaked out, but by now I kind of got used to it. I have no idea if she wants to tell me something, but then she would speak, right? Because she just stands there and looks at me.
I kind of think of her as my guardian angel. I've already had quite a few situations in my life that could've had another outcome and during each one of those situations I did something completely out of character that saved me.

Oh, and never ever again will I touch an ouija board. That thing freaked me out like nothing else in my life.
That is some scary stuff!! I would've never slept if I had some kid creeping up on me when I was sleeping! This thread is scaring me!! lol I'm such a chicken when it comes to stuff like this...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There was a horrible accident while we are on the freeway back in 2006. The driver was very dead and my dh swears to this day that he saw the grim reaper standing at the drivers side door while he was running over. At the same accident I encountered a young man in khaki pants and a white button down standing in the median. I asked him if he was okay and he said "yep just picking someone up." I went over to help the boy that was in the car and when I turned around he was gone.

There was a horrible accident while we are on the freeway back in 2006. The driver was very dead and my dh swears to this day that he saw the grim reaper standing at the drivers side door while he was running over. At the same accident I encountered a young man in khaki pants and a white button down standing in the median. I asked him if he was okay and he said "yep just picking someone up." I went over to help the boy that was in the car and when I turned around he was gone.

Whattttttttttttttttttttt [emoji15] The Grim Reaper? That's insane.

I have a few, and I apologize in advance for the long post.

My father was a huge Yankees fan (all of us are). Not long before he passed away (dissection of carotid artery which caused a stroke, which caused brain death) we had a conversation about who he would want to see win the Series if it wasn't the Yankees, and he said the Cubs. Fast forward to right after his death, both the Yankees and Cubs were in the playoffs. I had turned off the Cubs game and went to sleep intent on checking the scores in the morning, but in the middle of the night I was woken by a voice telling me what the final score/outcome of the game was. I literally sat up in bed and said "What?". Again, I heard the voice telling me the score/outcome. When I woke up the next morning, the score was exactly what I had heard in the middle of the night. Same thing happened for the next game. I couldn't tell you that it was my father's voice, but I have no other explanation for it.

Approximately 2 weeks later, I woke up to my father walking into my room. He sat down on my bed and held me while I cried. He told me he loved me and would always be with me. He sat there a long time just holding me. Last thing he said was he had to go see my mother and he left the room. I woke up the next morning, with tears still in my eyes, in the exact spot on my bed we had sat together. I got up for work and went downstairs. My mother proceeded to tell me that my father had come to visit her that night as well, which I had already known about. It's one of the most precious moments.

Fast forward a few years later. My mother and I went to go see the medium, Jon Edwards. While we didn't get a reading, he had told everyone in the room that the medium he sends his family to was coming to the area and we could buy tickets for a semi private reading. My mother and I went to go see the second medium. The day of, I talked to my dad all day. I kept telling him that I would know it was truly him if he mentioned something about cardinals (my father's favorite bird, and since his death we've had a ton of them living in our yard). We got a LONG reading. 99% of what was told to us, was something we knew about, and about half of it had happened after my father's death. The medium moved on to another family, when he suddenly stopped his reading, turned and looked at me (sitting on other side of the room) and asked me point blank, "What is with the cardinal?".

More recently, I lost my grandfather in December, very suddenly. He was a firefighter for 55 years, and extremely proud of it. He passed away on the Friday night before our first competition (Sunday). On Sunday, I was in the first warmup, when all of a sudden, out of nowhere, the fire alarms start going off, and then just randomly stop. I didn't think anything of it at the time. In the days leading up to the funeral, my family was all talking. Turns out that my brother and sister in law had their smoke detector go off in the middle of the night (no smoke, fresh batteries) for no reason and then randomly stop. My cousin and his wife had the exact same thing happen to them. All of this happened late Saturday night/early Sunday morning. At the funeral home, after we grandchildren said our final goodbye's we were waiting in a side room for our parents and Grandmother to finish theirs. All of sudden, the smoke detectors started going off, again for no reason. They stopped after we left for the funeral procession.

I have a few, and I apologize in advance for the long post.

My father was a huge Yankees fan (all of us are). Not long before he passed away (dissection of carotid artery which caused a stroke, which caused brain death) we had a conversation about who he would want to see win the Series if it wasn't the Yankees, and he said the Cubs. Fast forward to right after his death, both the Yankees and Cubs were in the playoffs. I had turned off the Cubs game and went to sleep intent on checking the scores in the morning, but in the middle of the night I was woken by a voice telling me what the final score/outcome of the game was. I literally sat up in bed and said "What?". Again, I heard the voice telling me the score/outcome. When I woke up the next morning, the score was exactly what I had heard in the middle of the night. Same thing happened for the next game. I couldn't tell you that it was my father's voice, but I have no other explanation for it.

Approximately 2 weeks later, I woke up to my father walking into my room. He sat down on my bed and held me while I cried. He told me he loved me and would always be with me. He sat there a long time just holding me. Last thing he said was he had to go see my mother and he left the room. I woke up the next morning, with tears still in my eyes, in the exact spot on my bed we had sat together. I got up for work and went downstairs. My mother proceeded to tell me that my father had come to visit her that night as well, which I had already known about. It's one of the most precious moments.

Fast forward a few years later. My mother and I went to go see the medium, Jon Edwards. While we didn't get a reading, he had told everyone in the room that the medium he sends his family to was coming to the area and we could buy tickets for a semi private reading. My mother and I went to go see the second medium. The day of, I talked to my dad all day. I kept telling him that I would know it was truly him if he mentioned something about cardinals (my father's favorite bird, and since his death we've had a ton of them living in our yard). We got a LONG reading. 99% of what was told to us, was something we knew about, and about half of it had happened after my father's death. The medium moved on to another family, when he suddenly stopped his reading, turned and looked at me (sitting on other side of the room) and asked me point blank, "What is with the cardinal?".

More recently, I lost my grandfather in December, very suddenly. He was a firefighter for 55 years, and extremely proud of it. He passed away on the Friday night before our first competition (Sunday). On Sunday, I was in the first warmup, when all of a sudden, out of nowhere, the fire alarms start going off, and then just randomly stop. I didn't think anything of it at the time. In the days leading up to the funeral, my family was all talking. Turns out that my brother and sister in law had their smoke detector go off in the middle of the night (no smoke, fresh batteries) for no reason and then randomly stop. My cousin and his wife had the exact same thing happen to them. All of this happened late Saturday night/early Sunday morning. At the funeral home, after we grandchildren said our final goodbye's we were waiting in a side room for our parents and Grandmother to finish theirs. All of sudden, the smoke detectors started going off, again for no reason. They stopped after we left for the funeral procession.
Wow, I actually teared up a little reading this, those stories are incredible!

I don't have any experiences, but my old college roommate has tons. I don't remember that many of them, but there were a lot that were related to JFK, which was so weird. There was one though, she was living in NYC in 2002, right near Ground Zero, and she woke up in the middle of the night and saw/talked to the ghost of a firefighter, in full turn out gear, that was killed on 9/11. I get goosebumps just thinking about it.

My grandmother was center of our family and pure jokester/prankster. She got cancer and it went bad fast. We were all standing around, just family, maybe 20/25 of us in front of her casket before opening the visitation up to everyone and everyone was very upset. All of a sudden my sister's skirt hits the ground like someone walked up behind her and yanked it down. It swooshed all the way to the floor. My sister jumped and yelped and we all fell over each other laughing knowing she was saying, okay, that's enough now, I'm here, get it together.

My great aunt, right before she died, told her sister, Help me get ready, Dad's here, I am going now and died in her sleep later that day.

My mom (and I've heard of many other people saying similar things so I believe it) said she played with one in high school with her friends and it started to creep them out so they threw it away. Then later that night it ended up back in the hall closet (they thought her parents put it back). So they decided to drive out in the middle of nowhere and they threw it outside and when they got back home it was back in the closet [emoji28] so they burned it haha.

Burning won't get rid of anything that might have come through. In fact, it might prevent it from going back to the place from which it came. (Sorry if that creeps you out haha)

@njallday I love your stories! Especially the first 2.

@notyourcheermom Your grandmother sounds awesome lol.

Everyone stories are so entertaining.

BTW @Emily are there any specific out-of-character incidences that you feel comfortable telling us about?

Last edited:
Double post:

In 8th and 9th grade I went through a phase during which I was kind of obsessed with Abe Lincoln I carried his official portrait everywhere with me and I had it saved on my computer. I would stare at it and ask him questions. I like to get to know people on a very human level, and so one day I asked him what he smelled like. Suddenly, the air around me started to smell a bit cinnamon.

A few days later, I was reading a thread that I found online in which a guy said that he had recently had a dream in which Lincoln gave him marital advice. They were sitting in chairs across from each other and when they had finished talking, they hugged and the guy wrote that Lincoln's coat was rough and that he smelled like cinnamon. Weird.

Burning won't get rid of anything that might have come through. In fact, it might prevent it from going back to the place from which it came. (Sorry if that creeps you out haha)

@njallday I love yours stories! Especially the first 2.

@notyourcheermom Your grandmother sounds awesome lol.

Everyone stories are so entertaining.

BTW @Emily are there any specific out-of-character incidences that you feel comfortable telling us about?

Haha you're fine, it's just so creepy! She told me I was never allowed to play with one and I am more than fine with that [emoji23]

When I was in 8th grade we moved 2 states away. Shortly after moving into our new house I would be sitting watching Tv and look up and see a figure in a dress turn and rush up the stairs. I never said anything because it was hard for me to believe, much less anyone else. This went on for years and one week my aunt came to visit. She slept in the living room. A few days into her trip she said "ok, do you know you have a ghost? Every night I see a girl in a dress come about halfway down the stairs and when I look her way, she turns and runs up the stairs." My mom and I both said "oh my god! You've seen her too?" And then we looked at each other again OMG'd again. It was crazy. My mom said that shortly after that incident she woke up in the middle of the night and the girl was crying next to her bed. My mom told her it was ok. And that she needed to go be at peace. Or something to that effect. This happened a few more times and then we never saw her again.

My bedroom at this house had a door with a staircase behind it. The stairs led to another door that opened to the attic. I was also freaked out by the attic and I had a hard time opening the top door, I'd go all the way up the stairs but chicken out and run back down. One of the times I did that, I was supposed to put a sleeping bag in the attic, but instead I just left it at the top of the stairs. I was sitting on my bed when it sounded like a bird had flown into my window. I didn't look just kept reading my book. Then I heard it again. So I got up and looked. No evidence of a bird or anything really. Sat back down, it happened again. I got up again and heard the door at the top of the attic door open and close, then my sleeping bag rolled down the stairs and hit the door at the bottom of the stairs. I ran so freaking fast out of that room.

One more. Same house. I was home alone in the same bedroom. I was expecting my dad home soon and had to tell him something. I heard someone come in the front door and walk up the stairs. I yelled out to say I was in my room and to come in. No one responded. So I left my room and no one was upstairs, I headed down the stairs and through the window saw my dad just pulling in the driveway. I bolted out of there and yelled to him that someone was in the house. He didn't really believe me, but checked and no one was there. That was the last incident that we had there that I know of.

Did it feel like a negative or positive presence?

I don't know. I was never afraid of it. This is TMI I suppose but as a kid (and an adult I guess) I could never use the bathroom without pulling the shower curtain closed because I felt like something was watching me. (It would stand in the bathtub)

But no. I've never been fearful of it so I would assume it's not a negative spirit. The only reason I know my younger sister has seen it is because one day she nonchalantly mentioned it and I was like "you too" and we both described the same figure.

Man this thread gives me chills. I guess nothing has ever happened to me (thank god). But my grandpa died like 6 weeks before we were born and mom said once she was in her car and she looked in her rear view mirror and saw her dad. I would have been freaked out.

I guess only two things even remotely supernatural, though the second one is a bit of a stretch.
The first one is all according to my mom. When I was less than a year old, my moms step dad was dying of cancer and was on home hospice. Despite him being her stepdad, they were really close, and he really adored me, he always wanted to hold me and push my stroller around (he would always push me close to bushes because I liked to grab at the flowers). A few minutes after he died, my mom, me on her lap, and my grandma were waiting for people to come take his body. And suddenly I started cooing and making happy baby noises and reaching up towards the ceiling as if something was floating there. My mom says it was my grandpa's spirit leaving and saying goodbye.
Then this next one is kind of a stretch, but I have no other explanation. A year or so ago my mom went to the movies, then decided to go out to eat. I was driving so my mom pulls out her phone to find a restaurant and can't find her glasses that she was just wearing in the movie. So we go back to the movie theater and look all through there, we dig through the car, retrace our steps from where we parked, and we just can't find her glasses anywhere. And she's bummed out because who wants to deal with a hassle of getting new glasses? Then the next day she came up to me and was like, "Why didn't you just give me my glasses yesterday?!" And I had no idea what she's taking about. She had found her glasses the following morning on her dresser after waking up. I did not put them there. My dad and brother were out of town. I have absolutely no idea how they got there. To this day, my mom swears it was me and I'm just being annoying by not fessing up, but I didn't touch them! I thought they were gone! So either she's pulling my leg and she had them all along or Casper the Friendly Ghost found and returned her glasses.

Back