OT Share Your True Paranormal Experiences

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I'm curious if anyone had an interesting/good/bad experience with an ouija board. I've never touched one and refuse to ever touch one. My parents always drilled it in my head to never associate myself with one. They were NEVER superstitious. Only when it comes to ouija boards... Which i took seriously as I've watched way too many 'ouija board goes bad' type of movies. Still, I'm interested in what others have experienced.

I straight up refuse to touch those things. I can't believe they sell them in Toys-R-Us.

My good friend's cousin is studying in the Vatican right now to become whatever they become there (I don't know the first thing about the rankings of the people there. Or the names.) he came back to America for a couple of weeks a few summers ago and was at a family party with her. He told her to never ever ever ever ever ever touch those things. He couldn't tell her what he knew but the said the Vatican had history on them and it's not good. That thoroughly creeped me out when she told me that.

@ncmomx2 that is the weirdest story. I hope you aren't visited by the spirit anytime soon!

I would love for board games to be as serious as Ouija board. Ouija board seems to have real life consequences.

...like Monopoly. I'd be rich. For real.

... but then I could play Risk and f... up the whole planet.

Nevermind.

I had an experience with a medium that was so great I cried the whole time. What she told me about my dead relatives was really on the spot. She couldn't have made it up. The way she described my parents bedroom to tell me where my grandma sits when she visits them gave me chills.

I would love for board games to be as serious as Ouija board. Ouija board seems to have real life consequences.

...like Monopoly. I'd be rich. For real.

... but then I could play Risk and f... up the whole planet.

Nevermind.

I had an experience with a medium that was so great I cried the whole time. What she told me about my dead relatives was really on the spot. She couldn't have made it up. The way she described my parents bedroom to tell me where my grandma sits when she visits them gave me chills.
Some people definitely have psychic ability, but I can't stand some of the fake psychics out there like Sylvia Browne or Miss Cleo lol. I feel like most real psychics are in other lines of work.

At my school, there is joke about "George, the ghost of PAC." Well during a cheer team lock-in at PAC on a summer night, the security alarm just started going off randomly when everyone was inside the same room. We went to go look at the doors and no one was there.

Going back to A Haunting, one of the episodes showed a family that had a demon in their house, and the scary thing was that, for example the daughter would see her mom in the kitchen washing dishes or something, and she would call her mom but she would answer. She would then walk over to her mom and tap her on the shoulder, only for the mom to turn around and her no face because it wasn't the mom, it was the demon. Creepy. And it happened with different friends and family members as well.

Last edited:
Not a super scary experience, but one which I cannot explain.
Little's team went on a ghost tour in Williamsburg, VA one time after a day-long camp. The tour guide led us to the "most haunted house" in the colonial area and gave the spiel about its history, etc. An athlete and I walked about 5-6 feet closer to the house to take a pic of the window of the particularly haunted room in the house, but as we raised our phones (his iPhone, my Android, both plenty charged, different carriers) both phones died at the exact same time. Couldn't get them to turn back on until we were well on our way past that house on the tour.
Whether it was spiritual energy or physical energy, I have no idea. But it was totally inexplicable and I can vouch for that much!

CP and I stayed at the Emily Morgan hotel in San Antonio for a competition years ago. It is one of the haunted hotels in San Antonio. Our first room had a leak in the ceiling above the bath tub that could not be explained by the management so they moved us to a new room. Our second room, the phone kept ringing on line 2. I would pic up and no one would answer. Strange it never rang to line 1. Finally it stopped happening but it was strange. The entire night I felt a strange sensation- like there was a presence in the room. Of course CP was 8 at the time so I didn't tell her that part! I like paranormal things so I thought is was cool :).

As for Ouija boards, when I was 15 we were moving from Virginia to Texas. Some friends of mine played with one. I was a cheerleader doe my high school in Virginia so I wanted to know what the mascot would be for my new high school. It was right . Dorky but strange because the mascot was completely different than anything in Virginia.

We live in Atlanta and my MIL used to live in Indiana. One day, we went to turn on our hall light which we use often and when we flipped the switch it went on and then turned off a second later. We changed the light bulb and same thing happened. We took the light off to see if there was a loose connection, nothing, the same thing happened over and over. We got a call the next morning that DH's mom had died, we went to Indy to take care of things and when we came back the light worked fine. Perhaps coincidence but, we like to think it was her saying goodbye via the light, we haven't had any issues with it since.

There's a ghost at my moms house that watched me sleep when I was younger . I assume it watched me sleep because I would wake up and it would be there. Also I would see it in the bathroom at night. My younger sister has also seen it.

My mom had a house fire 4 years ago and they gutted her whole house and after we didn't see it for awhile.

Anyway I don't think anything of it because that kind of stuff truly doesnt interest me, so I've never bothered to research it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not a super scary experience, but one which I cannot explain.
Little's team went on a ghost tour in Williamsburg, VA one time after a day-long camp. The tour guide led us to the "most haunted house" in the colonial area and gave the spiel about its history, etc. An athlete and I walked about 5-6 feet closer to the house to take a pic of the window of the particularly haunted room in the house, but as we raised our phones (his iPhone, my Android, both plenty charged, different carriers) both phones died at the exact same time. Couldn't get them to turn back on until we were well on our way past that house on the tour.
Whether it was spiritual energy or physical energy, I have no idea. But it was totally inexplicable and I can vouch for that much!
Now THAT is freaky.

@ncmomx2 @catlady Your stories remind me of an episode of Celebrity Ghost Stories in which a woman's father (I forget which celeb she is) came to her apartment/house late at night and banged on the door. She opened it, and he staggered toward her, drunk. She was angry because they had been estranged for many years due to his alcoholism. She sent him away.

The next morning, either her mother called her or she called her mother (can't remember which happened), and at some point it came up that her father had died. Celeb said that he had visited her the previous night and her mom was shocked. She said that that could not have been possible because her father had died 3 weeks before on a park bench (he had become homeless).

There's a ghost at my moms house that watched me sleep when I was younger . I assume it watched me sleep because I would wake up and it would be there. Also I would see it in the bathroom at night. My younger sister has also seen it.

My mom had a house fire 4 years ago and they gutted her whole house and after we didn't see it for awhile.

Anyway I don't think anything of it because that kind of stuff truly doesnt interest me, so I've never bothered to research it

Did it feel like a negative or positive presence?

My great-grandma used to tell me a story from when my grandma was younger. She would make the beds every morning and when she would come back in the room later, there would be an imprint of what looked like someone sitting on the edge of the bed in front of the mirror. So she'd flip the mattress and remake the bed only for the imprint to appear again. At the time she was the only one home. I guess during the time period girls skirts would have to hit a certain point on their legs when sitting, so they would sit on the edge of beds in front of mirrors to check.

Gotta be looking fresh to death in the afterlife. I dig it.

Eta: not sure if that pun was intended or not.

I'm curious if anyone had an interesting/good/bad experience with an ouija board. I've never touched one and refuse to ever touch one. My parents always drilled it in my head to never associate myself with one. They were NEVER superstitious. Only when it comes to ouija boards... Which i took seriously as I've watched way too many 'ouija board goes bad' type of movies. Still, I'm interested in what others have experienced.

My mom (and I've heard of many other people saying similar things so I believe it) said she played with one in high school with her friends and it started to creep them out so they threw it away. Then later that night it ended up back in the hall closet (they thought her parents put it back). So they decided to drive out in the middle of nowhere and they threw it outside and when they got back home it was back in the closet [emoji28] so they burned it haha.

Sorry for the double post but at my grandma's funeral (we were very close, she was my best friend) when I was 8, we were talking a moment of silent prayer and I heard someone calling my name behind me, so I started looking around but nobody was trying to get my attention and my parents asked me what I was doing, because they didn't hear anything. And for weeks after that, I would have dreams that I sat down and just had conversations with my grandma. It was weird, and oddly comforting because we were close and I was very upset after she passed away.

My dad has told me stories about when we lived in his grandparents house years and years after they died, that their bedroom (his grandparents bedroom) was always freezing. It wasn't in the basement or anything that would have made that room cold. Which he always chalked up to something paranormal.

Back