All-Star Showcases

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Is anyone else getting old timey Mater Dei vibes at the beginning of the SSX routine?

Mater Dei:

SSX:

cheerUPDATES on Instagram: REIGNING WORLD CHAMPIONS @SSX_sharks SMSR2020/2021 Debut with a HIT Part 1 of 2

Just like, a lot of floor work and splits and jumping over each other?

I’m not being snarky; I’m all for it. I feel like we need more of the recklessness and personality that 80’s cheer brought before it was made illegal for being obscenely dangerous (see: the double tuck basket).

I didn’t watch any of the stuff from today but am here for any video of Mater Dei. Dating myself but I was cheering then and they were everything. I would tape (on vcr) their routines and rewatch constantly for “inspiration”. And that Jeff Webb commentating... whatever happened to him??? Hmm

I didn’t watch any of the stuff from today but am here for any video of Mater Dei. Dating myself but I was cheering then and they were everything. I would tape (on vcr) their routines and rewatch constantly for “inspiration”. And that Jeff Webb commentating... whatever happened to him??? Hmm

They were so good for DECADES too. Their cheer team, dance team, football team... everything they touched turned to gold.

In the spirit of dating ourselves, you want to know what was stressful? Cheering at this game:

De La Salle Extends Its Streak by Holding Off Mater Dei, 31-28 - Los Angeles Times

How awesome! Didn't realize Matt Leinart went there, learn new trivia every day...

I didn’t even know that either until after he was famous. So technically he and I have a history. And it spans one afternoon where I screamed at him to lose for three hours.

Last edited:
Not a showcase video but I'm counting it as one because it's probably their first public fullout.

CA Panthers full out at NTexas All Star Gyms United:

Thoughts:

Once this is clean, it will look great but I will tell you now, that leg thing before the inversion at about :55-:57ish is one of those elements that HAS to have everyone on count or it's going to look like Crazy Leg Extravaganza.

I love a creative transition or leg placement (ex: SE kick line type effect in their elite) but the downside is that it has to be perfect.

Overall though, I am just happy to have routines to discuss!

Okay, I love Top Gun's sneak peak so far! The feed is working very well!

It is soon time for Worlds Teams!

Back