OT Sororities

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I used to be against greek life because of the stereotypes, and also my money situation has never been good. Recently though my cousin has offered to pay for me because he thinks it would be good for me. I've also seen how much fun my roomamte has had, only having to have joined the end of this last year, my problem is I feel like I will look absolutely ridiculous rushing as a junior. Any advice?

I used to be against greek life because of the stereotypes, and also my money situation has never been good. Recently though my cousin has offered to pay for me because he thinks it would be good for me. I've also seen how much fun my roomamte has had, only having to have joined the end of this last year, my problem is I feel like I will look absolutely ridiculous rushing as a junior. Any advice?

Go for it! You wouldn't want to regret it later on. Do it now while you still have time!

YES DO IT Kayla :)

ETA: i think you would like being greek at App and i think its great

How much are dues on average? Just thinking ahead :rolleyes:

It honestly depends on the school. I go to a fairly smaller school (App State) and my dues are monthly and range between 60-100 $$. It depends on what t-shirts I would buy or stuff like that. it starts out more expensive and now have dropped. Other school like in the ACC and the SEC are going to be MUCH more.

This is a break down from when I first joined my specific sorority at my school...

To Be Paid Prior to Initiation on November 18, 2010:

(MUST BE PAID 10 DAYS BEFORE INITIATION SO THAT HEADQUARTERS WILL APPROVE PAPERWORK)

National Obligation Fee $85.00
*Badge Fee $Minimum of 139.00
Dues $70.00
Housing and Decorating Fee $100.00
Initiation Fee $130.00
Provisional Member Fee $40.00

TOTAL $Minimum of 564.00

*The Badge will be order through Phi Mu Nationals. More information will come through the Phi Program.

How much are dues on average? Just thinking ahead :rolleyes:
It depends on how many events you have (retreats, workshops, formals, socials, parents weekends) and if you have a house or not. Even if you don't live in the house, you contribute to the general upkeep of it and, depending on the organization, you have a house meal plan. My dues were about $1,300 for the year (didn't live in the house, no house meal plan offered) but my sister's dues were much higher because she lived in the house and they had a mandatory house meal plan.

Bid days today on campus, and after seeing my roommate dealing with everything this week being Greek I really regret not going through with recruitment. Shoulda listened to you guys!

baileymt91 hope you enjoy all your new sisters! Keri is my roommate if you didn't know and I know she's super excited for bid day! Saw y'all down on Sanford earlier so jealous!

Back