Spinning Left..or Right?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 19, 2011
Hi everybody :)
So most of the threads i post are always about full advice and tips, and in case anyone is wondering...i still haven't gotten it yet -__- Alot of you probably don't know this, but i had a major physical set back the week of all star tryouts in May. I was doing my full onto the mat( the first one in almost 3 or 4 months) and i serverly sprained my MCL and i was out for almost two months. When i came back, i just was not the same tumbler as before but I've really been trying to lose my fear of fulling. My coaches understand, and are slowly trying to get me to start twisting again. My coach has been having me do layouts onto the mat and before my feet hit, i turn to do a late half. He thinks i should start twisting left which is so weird for me. I hurdle left and spin right...or do i? We were working standing fulls today and he had me spin both ways. When i spin right its more controlled, when i spin left it get around quicker and faster. He told me I had until Wednesday to figure it out and that i had to seriously think long and hard about it.. im so lost -__- Please ya'll, any help or advice would be amazing! Thank you guys so much! I want to be that girl who got help for the best cheer experts on fierceboard and threw that sick trick to full at worlds 2012:)

If you hurdle left, it will be easier for you to spin left because your momentum is already set up to start twisting that way. You might be more comfortable twisting the opposite way, but if you're unsure you might as well train your body correctly! If you learn to spin left, you'll have a lot more speed and it will make pulling doubles easier in the future!

I have an idea! If you want to know which way is your "natural" way to spin then you can ask a friend or someone to call your name when your standing with your back against the friend. The you should turn around in your natural direction. But this only works if you are not ready, so try to forget that your asked your friend to do this ;)

I had the same problem and I ended up twisting the way that was "faster" rather than the "more controlled" way. By what you're saying I think that twisting left will be better, but it's always whatever feels best for you. Do you cheer high school? If not come to open gym on Friday and I can help you with your full.

Back