All-Star Spirit Festival - Hartford- 2015 Dates Changed!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

mommycheer

Cheer Parent
Feb 24, 2014
We received our comp schedule for the upcoming season and noticed that the Spirit Festival that is usually held in Feb. is now being held March 14-15, 2015. Anybody know why?? This makes for a late World's bid and a crazy March!!!!

We received our comp schedule for the upcoming season and noticed that the Spirit Festival that is usually held in Feb. is now being held March 14-15, 2015. Anybody know why?? This makes for a late World's bid and a crazy March!!!!

Not sure why but Athletic in Providence has moved also to January 31/February 1 and they are usually the weekend before that and I always feel like it's many of the same teams that attend both. Maybe Spirut Fest moved to try and get away from snowstorms?

You know, I was wondering, does this move coincide with UCA competition? NCA is usually around the end of Feb/beginning of March and around the corner from NCA is usually in the middle of March, UCA competition... Interesting!:fro:

You know, I was wondering, does this move coincide with UCA competition? NCA is usually around the end of Feb/beginning of March and around the corner from NCA is usually in the middle of March, UCA competition... Interesting!:fro:
I do believe it is the same weekend as uca... Very funny about the snow storms too!!! Lol

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I think, this changing of the date for Spirit Fest has more to do with EP desires to bring more competition... Already UCA is threatened because of the added Summit competition in the same area, and I know some of our teams decided to not go to Summit because of attending UCA competition last season; I had also heard rumors that my gym will be attending Spirit Fest next season, and I am assuming this is because of Summit...
PS: I do not believe the snow was a deciding factor in this decision, but the green of 'MONEY.'

I think, this changing of the date for Spirit Fest has more to do with EP desires to bring more competition... Already UCA is threatened because of the added Summit competition in the same area, and I know some of our teams decided to not go to Summit because of attending UCA competition last season; I had also heard rumors that my gym will be attending Spirit Fest next season, and I am assuming this is because of Summit...
PS: I do not believe the snow was a deciding factor in this decision, but the green of 'MONEY.'
Interesting....I really do like the Spirit Festival..if you do end up going try to stay attached at the Marriott Downtown Hartford... 2 minutes and you are back at your room...the bar/restaurant there is great and there is a full sized Starbucks in the lobby...what more could a cheer mom ask for!!??? LOL

Starbucks is great, but the line can b an hour wait, as everybody goes there! Marriot is nice is you want to fork over the cash! :)

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Interesting....I really do like the Spirit Festival..if you do end up going try to stay attached at the Marriott Downtown Hartford... 2 minutes and you are back at your room...the bar/restaurant there is great and there is a full sized Starbucks in the lobby...what more could a cheer mom ask for!!??? LOL

Hey mommycheer, thanks for all the good advice, but actually, we done all of those things already, my daughter used to cheer for CJA and Spirit Fest was one of their main events they attended... Furthermore, when I looked at Spirit Fest dropped in enrollment from last year, many of their regulars had not returned, either...

PS: It is true, that Starbucks line is brutal, but it only depends on the time you tried to get that Java jolt...It is all about timing and how long and late you are willing to camp out in front of the store... lol

Last edited:
yes, line can be brutal...I am an early riser so on line by 7am...not too bad

Sorry, I must recant some of my earlier statements on this event - I was told that my gym was considering going to Spirit Fest instead of UCA, due to Summit and Worlds and how a lot of teams from the gym that did not go to Summit because the parents voted against it because of the timing of UCA... My gym has scheduled 3 level 5 teams only and the rest of the teams are going to UCA... So sorry for misleading the Fierceboard...

Back