Standing Back Tuck Help Please!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Sooo... it's been a while and I just wanted to say that I'm still on it. ;) I've found a couple of people in their 20ies trying to get their tuck, too. This is what it looks like, when we've got the rare occasion to use a gym with tumbling equipment.
Just for fun, haha! ;)

Well, I don't know if it's realistic AT ALL but... I'll be turning 30 (aaaahhh :eek:) on April 12th and I want to get it by then. Doesn't have to be beautiful but you know... something that remotely resembles a standing tuck. ;)

P.S. I'm the one at the beginning and then later in blue Nike shorts (which my spot ripped apart last night, bohoo) and yellow shirt.

When I was in a college, a guy that looked to be in his 40's started taking tumbling lessons at the gym we practiced at. He started with nothing, and ended up becoming a really good tumbler/gymnast. It's never too late!

I turn 27 next month, and after a year of busting my butt I finally almost have it on the floor. We can do it!

Sooooo good! Great rotation and height, just pull your shins through harder and you have it!

You're getting close! :D Think about pulling your feet through and you'll land it! I know some coaches preach against this, but if you need an extra pull, grab behind your calves instead of your thighs. Keep practicing though and I think you'll get it soon!

You just made my day, thank you so much! I'll definitly try and focus more on really pulling my legs through!

:kiss:
Julia

Nice! You look like you could probably do it spot free. I'm at that point too, I'm a mental case. Told myself by April, so I have a couple more weeks to get my mind right.

Looks really good:) I think you could do it without a spot, a week or two ago i was at the same point you are now (getting my standing tuck back after injury) and I threw it by myself and landed it. You have lots of height, and your tucking tight so just go for it! good luck :D

Threw my back tuck by myself for the first time yesterday. Didn't hit it, but I can walk today so SUCCESS. I was throwing it in the deep sand at the beach, so I'm thinking when I throw it on the floor I'll hit it.

Back