Standing Tuck

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

depends on the person!
it took me a couple months, but i know people who have gotten it in a day or are still working on it after years!

it really depends on the person and their skill, it took me two months to get a backhand spring the next day i had a standing tuck, two week later i was working on a full, like i said it really depends

It depends on the person .... if you really want to get it and you set your heart to it you might be able to get it after a few tries. Listen to your instuctor and take everything that they say and you should be able to get it easily .... always condition too strength is everything

It depends on how you learn things, and how fast you can learn it. But, it's always good to work on it alot and you should get it sooon!

I got mine within 5 mins nobody was in the gym I did it off of a panel mat landed it then on the floor landed it, now I have had it ever sence with no problems

As a tumbling coach the best advice I can give is this: 1) progression, make sure you are ready to learn/work on tucks 2) talk with your coaches.... Some coaches are better at teaching certain skills than others, ask them who they recommend 3) get in a tumbling class and/or tumble privates where you can work the proper drills and exercises to achieve the tuck 4) don't just practice... Practice perfect, it does no good to do things the wrong way(except encourage bad habits and poor technique) 10 tucks done the correct way is more productive than 100 done poorly! I hope this helps! Good luck to you and your new skill! I think if you follow these steps then you will be tucking in no time! :)

I had running before...but I had a block with my RO BHS tuck I would not throw it for 2 years I wanted to throw it my body just wouldnt let me it probably does not make sense to you.... but it does me

wow! did you get your running tuck soon after or did you already have it?
You should probably learn a running tuck BEFORE a standing tuck, running tucks are a level 3 skill and standing tuck is a level 4 skill... So if u r following proper skill progression the running tuck should come first

Back