High School Staying At Disney Uca

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

They threw in a low ball. After we paid the deposit to UCA and got our flights, they informed us - sorry - no rooms at Pop. You have to go to Caribbean. Can they just do that? I guess it will be a lot more expensive.
Yeah, that happened to us my freshman year of HS, but it was the Allstar that was full. I actually like the Caribbean better! The rooms are bigger and nicer, each section of rooms gets their own like private pool (as well as access to the general pool, there are huge ponds all over so they have little sand beaches by them, and there is TONS of room for practice space. Yeah, you miss the experience of practicing on the football field and seeing other teams, but you can focus a lot more on your own team. Plus the lines for the shuttle buses to the Caribbean were less crowded b/c more people stayed at all star.

ETA: I stayed at the Allstar resort once and then the Caribbean all of my other trips to nationals.

We are at the Allstar. I saw that someone said that prelim will be on property..any truth to this? I loved being at indiana jones for allstar years ago, would not mind it again for prelims as long as the weather is not freezing like last year.

I love the Caribbean!! Only went with pop this year because we are sending both teams so fundraising was stretched between more girls.

Are they asking for more money for you to stay at Caribbean?
Yes more money. Had we called and were told sorry - no rooms - totally get it! But they confirmed all of our Pop rooms - parents got rooms - and then a week later they called and apologized for their error.

I personally am fine with it - I like the idea of the nicer rooms - it just seems they should have offered the same price as it appears to be their error. But I'm not going to make a fuss.

I heard that prelims will be on Disney property and semi and finals are at Wide world of sports. I didn't think large varsity had to do prelims though.
Also - does anyone know if we can purchase meal plan for all our girls?
It always depends on how many teams are in the division. Really large divisions will go all 3 rounds (prelims, semis, finals). Smaller divisions can go 2 rounds or even just have a finals.
I called about dining plan and they said no. Are meal vouchers different? How do they work? Do I call to buy them? Thank you.
Meal vouchers are different than a Disney meal plan. One year I tried contacting Disney with a question and they were clueless to a UCA voucher, so you won't get far with them! You can call UCA or you can go through your coach. Meal vouchers are $16 each this year, and they work at the resorts and in the parks. The voucher will list on it every place it's good. One voucher is included in every packet. Additional ones aren't necessary, but can be nice. If you're just paying for your daughter to eat, it's probably cheaper to just give her money or a prepaid visa type card. We buy our girls extra vouchers with left over fundraised money.
They threw in a low ball. After we paid the deposit to UCA and got our flights, they informed us - sorry - no rooms at Pop. You have to go to Caribbean. Can they just do that? I guess it will be a lot more expensive.
We had this happen to us our first year. Yes they can do it, and they really aren't very helpful or caring when this happens. We were told many times that if we didn't like it/couldn't afford it then we didn't have to come to the championships. I found that baffling, but then again not, because they already had our non-refundable deposits!

We are at the Allstar. I saw that someone said that prelim will be on property..any truth to this? I loved being at indiana jones for allstar years ago, would not mind it again for prelims as long as the weather is not freezing like last year.
Depends on the division. Most divisions do not have prelims at Indiana Jones, but there are a few of the really large divisions that do.

Do all divisions have prelims? When I looked at last year's schedule, it appeared only certain divisions did prelims to get to semis.

Do all divisions have prelims? When I looked at last year's schedule, it appeared only certain divisions did prelims to get to semis.

No not all of them. Most do tho..you're medium, large and small varsity for sure do. Super Varsity and the coed divisions usually has a semi final and a finals. And some of the division's like non stunt or non tumbling will just have finals. It all depends on how many teams attend each division each year. But most of the "big" divisions will have a prelim. Some divisions like Small Varsity D1 will have a prelim A and a prelim B.

No not all of them. Most do tho..you're medium, large and small varsity for sure do. Super Varsity and the coed divisions usually has a semi final and a finals. And some of the division's like non stunt or non tumbling will just have finals. It all depends on how many teams attend each division each year. But most of the "big" divisions will have a prelim. Some divisions like Small Varsity D1 will have a prelim A and a prelim B.

I've been curious about this for a while, how does UCA divide D1 and D2? Is there a difference or is it just random?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back