Stressed

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I will say we have had very few practices where everyone was there. I can think of maybe 3?? But some of the practices it was the same person who missed repeatedly which really burns me. But once again that's out of my control. It makes me mad for the kids that are there every single practice, sick, hurt, tired but they are dedicated to the team. We also have a lot of girls flying who have said that they don't want to fly. They don't like it, so they are clearly not trying hard. I feel like if they don't want to do then get them out and out someone up who wants it regardless of whether they are the smallest one or not. I feel like this was probably better suited for the vent thread but I feel a little better. Thanks lol

I can beat that, got my music 3 days ago and comp. is October 25, I'm brand new to coaching and doing this all by myself. Why did I do this to myself?
We still don't have music or a complete routine and have yet to run a complete full out, and our showcase is that weekend. I personally think that we will be performing without either music or uniforms for showcase and our first competition which is the next weekend.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

We still don't have music or a complete routine and have yet to run a complete full out, and our showcase is that weekend. I personally think that we will be performing without either music or uniforms for showcase and our first competition which is the next weekend.

Our high school is supposed to be competing mid-November. None of the girls have ever competed before this. We don't have music or a routine yet. Someone is "working" on this.

The seniors don't like doing baskets or cradling from stunts because "it hurts".

I am stressed. They are screwed.

Our high school is supposed to be competing mid-November. None of the girls have ever competed before this. We don't have music or a routine yet. Someone is "working" on this.

The seniors don't like doing baskets or cradling from stunts because "it hurts".

I am stressed. They are screwed.
Right there with you. My CP's y2 has attempted baskets 1 time, once. 9 practices until showcase! Hopefully they won't make your girls compete. I am trying not up let this stress me ga use there is really nothing anyone can do about it. It isn't the coaches fault. They are doing their job. The problem is a combination of small gym syndrome ( to big of a skill gap because we didn't have enough for a y1) and parents who let their kids miss most of the summer.

Right there with you. My CP's y2 has attempted baskets 1 time, once. 9 practices until showcase! Hopefully they won't make your girls compete. I am trying not up let this stress me ga use there is really nothing anyone can do about it. It isn't the coaches fault. They are doing their job. The problem is a combination of small gym syndrome ( to big of a skill gap because we didn't have enough for a y1) and parents who let their kids miss most of the summer.

We don't practice enough. Practiced barely during the summer and should have probably started practices after the team was selected in the spring.

They had some extra practices during the past two weeks for homecoming. Two extra practices both on the night my cps go to tumbling. I will go ballistic if coach does that again. I already told her that. Some of the girls work and they worked around their schedule.

Coach also won't get mats out and they practice in the basketball gym.

Ack!

We don't practice enough. Practiced barely during the summer and should have probably started practices after the team was selected in the spring.

They had some extra practices during the past two weeks for homecoming. Two extra practices both on the night my cps go to tumbling. I will go ballistic if coach does that again. I already told her that. Some of the girls work and they worked around their schedule.

Coach also won't get mats out and they practice in the basketball gym.

Ack!
I'm not CPR/First Aid/AED or AACCA certified, but I wish I could turn your daughters' team around! That coach is totally neglecting her role. :(

Wait. How the heck does she not use mats when they are available?

I'm not CPR/First Aid/AED or AACCA certified, but I wish I could turn your daughters' team around! That coach is totally neglecting her role. :(
I am AACCA safety certified. And, I have a masters degree in nursing I am not current on my CPR, but I could get it tomorrow. Coach has all the certifications too. But, what difference does it make if she ignores it. She is always saying she loves the girls and safety first. Practice what you preach. Put their safety first. Get them a stunt clinic and get the mats out!

The team was making fun of a school for doing thigh stands, but ignored their baskets and three stunt groups with their 12 girls. We have 17 and don't always have four stunt groups.

I would love someone (you would be awesome) to step in/step up. Problem is no one wants to coach high school cheer. Teachers and employees get first choice.

Thank you for caring!

Eta: she says they need to catch their stunts so that they don't need mats. One group dropped a stunt because the flyer was loose and fell forward. Everyone but the flyer had to run because it is never the flyers fault. They are to keep her up no matter what she does. Coach adores flyer and she can do no wrong. *sigh.

I am AACCA safety certified. And, I have a masters degree in nursing I am not current on my CPR, but I could get it tomorrow. Coach has all the certifications too. But, what difference does it make if she ignores it. She is always saying she loves the girls and safety first. Practice what you preach. Put their safety first. Get them a stunt clinic and get the mats out!

The team was making fun of a school for doing thigh stands, but ignored their baskets and three stunt groups with their 12 girls. We have 17 and don't always have four stunt groups.

I would love someone (you would be awesome) to step in/step up. Problem is no one wants to coach high school cheer. Teachers and employees get first choice.

Thank you for caring!
I can't help it, I love high school cheer. I'm glad you're certified!

CPs' team won't have choreography finished until mid-October. This was far different than what we were used to and bothered me a lot last year (our first year there), but I found that it was actually more effective and their team was very successful, so this year I'm not worrying about it at all.

CPs' team won't have choreography finished until mid-October. This was far different than what we were used to and bothered me a lot last year (our first year there), but I found that it was actually more effective and their team was very successful, so this year I'm not worrying about it at all.
Interesting. Do they split it up into sections, or will the be getting it all in October? Also, if you don't kind me asking, how much time between when they finish choreography and when they first compete?

Back