Stressed

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I've seen this situation too many times to count. I've also seen the results of negligent coaching, from minor to catastrophic injuries. I never want to let a child get injured knowing I didn't say anything.

I've seen this situation too many times to count. I've also seen the results of negligent coaching, from minor to catastrophic injuries. I never want to let a child get injured knowing I didn't say anything.

Agree agree agree. One of my all star kids is out with a really bad concussion that she got from getting dropped to the floor at school cheer. I just wish I could emphasize to school coaches that there are really great skills that you can teach your kids that look very cool but that are easy to learn and safe to execute. Take the time to learn how to teach the skills - don't just watch YouTube and say "do this." AND don't just rely on CHILDREN to teach the skills - even if they are all star cheerleaders - they may be properly trained in how to execute skills, but not in how to TEACH them (and there is a big difference!!!)

CP was at CEA Small Seniors and HS coach would try to have stunt groups do similar stunt that her team was doing when they really didn't have solid Level 3 abilites. I watched 3 girls get dropped and break an arm, wrist, ankle (?).

We have the opportunity to have appropriate stunting skills taught by an allstar coach. Our coach had discussed it with me after camp. It would have been and still would be so helpful.

Not to play the one up game, but CP competes this coming weekend. They have no music and completely rearranged stunts today. On the outside I'm all "it's fine. You guys will rock it". On the inside I'm :eek:

You're joking...you HAVE to be joking.....you are joking, right? I need to sit down.

Music schmusic! My senior year we got new music right before Jamfest Indy...meaning the Friday night practice AT Jamfest Indy. Fun stuff.
All of our teams competed with World Cup shooting stars music for the first several comps last season. It was promised to us much in advance of first comp but it took time to get but atleast when we did get it JR had done the most amazing job on it.

Then dumb stuck up cheerlebs tweeted about us (not all cheerlebs are dumb and stuck up just the ones who tweeted about us)... Like hello we had permission so CTFD you don't know what you are talking about!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I've posted this before, but my high school team would make any legit cheer coach faint. I didn't try out my senior year (this year) because of it. Two girls on our squad had janky roundoff bhs, but we were doing 2-2-1s, double inversions with one middle brace, and whatever else our captains could find on YouTube (we attempted a lot of Lady Bullets' pyramids... Sorry if I didn't punctuate the Lady Bullets' thing right I'm honestly not sure about it... But I digress). We seriously did a stunt that's YouTube video name was "illegal stunt". And honestly, we were embarrassingly sloppy but nobody cared because no one at our school knows enough about cheerleading to know the difference. It didn't faze our sponsor when we got all but one possible "Needs Improvement"so at UCA camp. What sucks is that it's going to take someone getting severely injured before anyone does anything about it.

I've posted this before, but my high school team would make any legit cheer coach faint. I didn't try out my senior year (this year) because of it. Two girls on our squad had janky roundoff bhs, but we were doing 2-2-1s, double inversions with one middle brace, and whatever else our captains could find on YouTube (we attempted a lot of Lady Bullets' pyramids... Sorry if I didn't punctuate the Lady Bullets' thing right I'm honestly not sure about it... But I digress). We seriously did a stunt that's YouTube video name was "illegal stunt". And honestly, we were embarrassingly sloppy but nobody cared because no one at our school knows enough about cheerleading to know the difference. It didn't faze our sponsor when we got all but one possible "Needs Improvement"so at UCA camp. What sucks is that it's going to take someone getting severely injured before anyone does anything about it.
Terrifying. Glad you chose to get out of that.

Wow, yeah sounds like you did good to get out... :(

If something belongs to Lady Bullets, it should be Lady Bullets' so that was right! :)

Shimmied for having to deal with that.

Well... We compete in ten days. Just lost two more girls (one of whom was one of our five flyers) because they decided to miss two practices to play with friends on the playground. I mean, cool - you're kids, you should definitely play with friends on the playground. But if you would like to compete as part of a team, you have to come to practice and choose to play at other times. So, yay, rechoreographing the routine one week before competition. Hurray! The team will succeed, though, because they try really hard. We will never succeed through lack of effort, but we can succeed, in the long run, by failing. This competition will be a success no matter the results at the award ceremony.

Well... We compete in ten days. Just lost two more girls (one of whom was one of our five flyers) because they decided to miss two practices to play with friends on the playground. I mean, cool - you're kids, you should definitely play with friends on the playground. But if you would like to compete as part of a team, you have to come to practice and choose to play at other times. So, yay, rechoreographing the routine one week before competition. Hurray! The team will succeed, though, because they try really hard. We will never succeed through lack of effort, but we can succeed, in the long run, by failing. This competition will be a success no matter the results at the award ceremony.
I don't understand why girls can't get their priorities in order. This is reason number 1374839 as to why I am a huge supporter of having alternates. If you don't appreciate your spot, someone else will.

I don't understand why girls can't get their priorities in order. This is reason number 1374839 as to why I am a huge supporter of having alternates. If you don't appreciate your spot, someone else will.
Eh, we're a competitive rec team. They're little kids (age 12-under) and they've never been on a competitive cheer team ever before. I mean, I get it - they didn't understand what they were signing up for, even though I tried to explain it to their guardians multiple times. The fact that they didn't understand it doesn't mean that they get a free pass to compete, however. It just means that they get to cheer with the sideline kids now, which is also fun... Just different.

Back