Stressed

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

We used to do mental run through at practice on occasion, but it wasn't something that took up a lot of time. It would be like full out, then mental run through right away as a break before going full out again. It only takes 2:30 so if you just do it once it's really not keeping you from your practice.
Same for our team. They will lay down and just run through the motions in their mind while listening to the music. ONE TIME...2:30...not 70 minutes of a 2 hour practice. That's just crazy!!

@12stepCheermom I tend to poopoo the mental walk through, as well. People that are artistic tend to mentally visualize easily, they see people dancing/skating/singing when they hear a song for the first time, they put together outfits in their mind as they're shopping, they can visualize a home with different paint, carpet, and their furniture. I was very surprised and thought everyone can and did those things and was surprised to find out that some people just see the words to a story when they read and others of us visualize the story being played out in our heads. Seventy minutes of mental visualization for someone whose brain doesn't work that way had to be thinking the coach had lost their mind!

@12stepCheermom I tend to poopoo the mental walk through, as well. People that are artistic tend to mentally visualize easily, they see people dancing/skating/singing when they hear a song for the first time, they put together outfits in their mind as they're shopping, they can visualize a home with different paint, carpet, and their furniture. I was very surprised and thought everyone can and did those things and was surprised to find out that some people just see the words to a story when they read and others of us visualize the story being played out in our heads. Seventy minutes of mental visualization for someone whose brain doesn't work that way had to be thinking the coach had lost their mind!
There was one boy we had ....bless him....he would be the first to tell you he couldn't visualize anything. Every time they did this he'd sit in the circle and watch everyone out of the corner of his eye and follow their motions as they were walking it through in their head. He could laugh at himself about it which ws good, but he was always pretty uncomfortable when that part of practice came.

Last season CP Sr3team competed with L5 teams music from 4 season ago the 1st 3 comps. ..I was like what kind of crap is this.

This season year im like "its whatever"

@12stepCheermom Lol, poor guy, that would make for a long practice. It's funny, a group of us were talking about the casting of Twilight, years ago, and many of us were commenting on how they did or didn't fit what we had pictured them to look like. About 1/2 of the group said they never pictured what characters looked like in their head. When asked what they pictured, they all said, "the words," that seemed so strange to me. When asked about music, they said they just pictured what was on the road while they were driving, or in their room, etc. I have a dance troop and skaters going on in my head, they're awesome, but they would probably take over or be my back up dancers if I were supposed listen to the music and visualize myself doing the routine.

Last season CP Sr3team competed with L5 teams music from 4 season ago the 1st 3 comps. ..I was like what kind of crap is this.

This season year im like "its whatever"
Was it at least your gyms level 5 music y'all competed with? I mean it could always be World Cup shooting stars music when you don't even go there (oh and all the teams from your gym could be using it) lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was it at least your gyms level 5 music y'all competed with? I mean it could always be World Cup shooting stars music when you don't even go there (oh and all the teams from your gym could be using it) lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, it was our gym's lol.

Back