High School Stretching Tips/ Mental Blocks

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 1, 2013
I have to throw my sbhs in the opening of our routine. I can throw it by myself but once we add it into the routine, sometimes it hits, but sometimes it doesn't. What can I do to make it more consistant? Are there drills I can do to change this?

On a different note, I am in the front for jumps and I am off center by one window, but my coach wants to move me because despite the fact that I almost hyperextended jumps, it is difficult for me to point my toes. Are there any stretches I can do to help me fix this?

Thanks!

I have to throw my sbhs in the opening of our routine. I can throw it by myself but once we add it into the routine, sometimes it hits, but sometimes it doesn't. What can I do to make it more consistant? Are there drills I can do to change this?

On a different note, I am in the front for jumps and I am off center by one window, but my coach wants to move me because despite the fact that I almost hyperextended jumps, it is difficult for me to point my toes. Are there any stretches I can do to help me fix this?

Thanks!
Hello! Not sure if this is a mental block you're dealing with, but there are definitely mental aspects of consistency. Not everyone is a fan of/believes in visualizing, but you may want to give that a try (visualizing the sbhs in the routine, they way you want it to go). You may also want to pay attention to the way you're thinking and feeling before the times you hit and the times you don't- there may be certain things (like thinking or managing nerves) that you could improve on, which can help with consistency.

Back