All-Star Summit Day 2: Finals And Results 2015

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm 18 and childless and PAC accepted my request to join the group, so for any people who aren't a parent yes they'll accept you.

I am so impressed by all these lower level teams. so many creative routines and all so entertaining!
enjoyed watching them as much as the level 5's!
Kawasaki Bambi's is probably one of the cleanest & sharpest level 3 teams i have ever seen.

Can I just say that the Summit was an absolute blast?!? Even though our girls got a little nervous and didn't make it past the WC round *sniff-sniff* - we really had so much fun. The WWOS was an amazing venue...one of dd's teams performed in the HP which was just super cool, and her other team was in Jostens so we got to see both. Dh and the other cheer dads on our team loved the "beer garden" (Dh even got to meet dads from other teams as they were all draining their beers outside the results tent, lol.) We stayed at the Caribbean resort on the Varsity package and it really wasn't bad at all. The room wasn't luxe or anything, but it had everything we needed (full length mirror, ironing board, hair dryer) and the grounds of the resort were really pretty. The parks weren't crowded (with one exception) and my cp had so much fun riding rides with her best cheer friends. And the weather! Glorious!

Truly, the ONLY negative to the weekend was the Celebration party at Hollywood. OMG...they shut down pretty much the entire park except for 2 or 3 rides and it was a complete fiasco. The line for the Rockin Roller Coaster was 2 hours! There was just too many people there to only have 2 attractions open. If we get a bid (and we hope to...we want to try again now that we know how it is ;)) we will decline the party.

I was also surprised by how empty the parks were! (by Disney standards of course) We were able to ride everything we wanted after planning our fast passes and rides we would wait for with only a few hours at each park. I've been to Disney probably close to 15 times now and I just expected it to be much busier than it was. Spoke with some annual pass holders in line for Rock n Rollercoaster on Monday and they mentioned how they come this weekend every year because "no one is here". (Funny to me after spending the weekend at one of the biggest competitions of the year). But it does make sense, since the spring break crowd has come and gone by that weekend, but the summer crowds haven't arrived yet.

AND THE WEATHER. So nice! Warm but not too hot, and still cool at night. And none of those pop up Florida thunderstorms that are so common.

I was also surprised by how empty the parks were! (by Disney standards of course) We were able to ride everything we wanted after planning our fast passes and rides we would wait for with only a few hours at each park. I've been to Disney probably close to 15 times now and I just expected it to be much busier than it was. Spoke with some annual pass holders in line for Rock n Rollercoaster on Monday and they mentioned how they come this weekend every year because "no one is here". (Funny to me after spending the weekend at one of the biggest competitions of the year). But it does make sense, since the spring break crowd has come and gone by that weekend, but the summer crowds haven't arrived yet.
This is like a PSA to anyone planning a trip to either Disney park: go in the time between spring break and summer, when it's weirdly empty. Even better if there's the slightest sprinkling of rain – the park will clear in a number of seconds and you can practically walk right on to any ride.

This is like a PSA to anyone planning a trip to either Disney park: go in the time between spring break and summer, when it's weirdly empty. Even better if there's the slightest sprinkling of rain – the park will clear in a number of seconds and you can practically walk right on to any ride.
I was just going to say this. Before my kids were school age we always went after Easter spring breaks were finished. Less people and generally the weather was a bit more reliable.

Back