All-Star Surviving Choreography

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Eat healthy foods for the couple of days before.
Eat a healthy breakfast the day of.
Bring plenty of water.
Take all of the breaks the coaches give.

Eat healthy foods for the couple of days before.
Eat a healthy breakfast the day of.
Bring plenty of water.
Take all of the breaks the coaches give.
Thank you! This is my first choreography session and im freaking out.

- Practice what you learn and don't get overwhelmed by the counts.
- Take the breaks they give.
- Don't goof off or talk when they're trying to teach.
- Stay in formation. If they're trying to line up formations and you're not in your spot, they can't tell what it's supposed to be and they will get frustrated with you!

Stay healthy. This is your training season. Treat it as a professional paying sport.

1. Eat healthy 24/7 you can have a cheat day if you wish, but 90% of the time eat healthy

2. Get plenty of sleep

3. Drink plenty of Water, and if you need flavor go with Gatorade. Energy drinks are actually quite bad for your health.

4. Know your counts/routines

5. Practice, Practice, Practice! Especially on your own time (not during breaks, I mean at home)

Practice makes perfection, and that's the only way you're really going to have it done.

6. Work with a partner who's a fast learner, and truly know counts (usually this is your team captain if you have one)

From my good ole days:

Water is your BFF; along with Bananas
Eat healthy, but eat light---if you feel full, you'll likely make yourself sick
Take the breaks when offered; you'll have time to run it more later
Get a good nights rest
Stay off any screens while on break---it can over-exhaust your mind
Plan nothing else the days of choreo but choreo

Have fun and good luck!

You all are so amazing. What kind of snacks should i pack?

You all are so amazing. What kind of snacks should i pack?

I always preferred a healthier trail mix---one without chocolate, fresh fruit (depending on how you eat them, I always cut mine up first so I could get through it faster) for added hydration, and a healthiesh wrap---not a lot of condiments or cheese, but meat and avocado. Plus a Banana right before and right after for the potassium.

If your choreo is in a super hot area, make sure you're drinking enough water and a sports drink for the electrolytes. My rule of thumb was for every 4 sips of water, 1 gulp of a gatorade or powerade.

Stretch before, after, that night, the next morning, any time you can really. For some reason choreography always make me much more sore than anything else. At the time it's never really strenuous activity, but all the new movements and positioning in ways you body is not used to I guess.

Back