All-Star Surviving Choreography

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

You all are so amazing. What kind of snacks should i pack?

Fruit is always my #1 suggestion for the kids I coach. Stuff like watermelon that is very heavy in water is really refreshing! Frozen grapes are always a bit hit, especially if your gym is HOT like ours.

Sliced cucumber is my favorite.

Dry snacks, like others mentioned... goldfish, pretzels, crackers, popcorn (but not with a lot of butter). Try to avoid greasy potato chips.

We usually do a half hour or so lunch break during choreo. Simple sandwiches are good for this, just try to avoid cheese or dairy based condiments (like ranch or mayo)- stuff like that usually makes me feel not great when I try to work out after eating it. If you don't do a sandwich, pack some nuts (almonds are my favorite- very filling), maybe just some lunch meat, grilled chicken pieces, etc. Protein is your friend! Fills you up and keeps you going!

Also pack SO MUCH WATER. However much you think you need, bring more. If you leave choreo with water leftover, that's fine... If you run out halfway through the day, you'll be sad and hot and won't feel good.

Thank you all for the replies. I got my schedule at our last practice. How long are your choreography sessions?

Ours was 3 days, 6 hours per day. We'll have pyramid and dance choreo later and those will probably also be 3-6 hours each.
So far we have at least two sessions of 10 hours. And whether that is everything or only certain things, I dont know.

So far we have at least two sessions of 10 hours. And whether that is everything or only certain things, I dont know.

Be sure to have someone film you doing your part (if your coach doesn't do it anyway) as soon as you're done with a section. That way you can review what you're supposed to do later if you forgot it.

Be sure to have someone film you doing your part (if your coach doesn't do it anyway) as soon as you're done with a section. That way you can review what you're supposed to do later if you forgot it.
Thanks.

Is it normal for coaches to require only water? Like no gatorade or powerade

yes, many only allow water if they allow you to drink on the mats.
Ok. We don't drink on the mats, but they still don't let is have any sugary snacks or drinks at all

Sorry for bringing up this old thread, but I wanted to thank you all for the information. I am actually having my second choreo session tomorrow and we are getting our pyramid and dance. I'm so excited!

ETA: I have a question. Choreo starts at 9 am and we live about 15 minutes away including traffic. How early should I be there? Also, last time it wasn't as early. Should I still drink my morning coffee or skip it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for bringing up this old thread, but I wanted to thank you all for the information. I am actually having my second choreo session tomorrow and we are getting our pyramid and dance. I'm so excited!

ETA: I have a question. Choreo starts at 9 am and we live about 15 minutes away including traffic. How early should I be there? Also, last time it wasn't as early. Should I still drink my morning coffee or skip it?

Plan to be there 15 minutes early. Thy way you can stretch before the choreographer gets there and are ready to go.

Back