Music Swear Words In Team's Music

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

On a somewhat related note, my 7 yo daughter likes cheer mixes, but I have to be very careful about letting her listen to the full version of a lot of these songs. And yeah, Ke$ha, I'm looking at you (virtually) when I say that.

Some event producers have a policy to give a deduction for using an inappropriate song even if the version used is clean or edited.

My old college coach told me she received an email from NCA saying that any team that used the song "If U Seek Amy" by Britney Spears that they would receive a huge deduction.

I was also amazed at the number of teams I heard last year with Flo Rida's "Right Round."

im pretty sure i read on some company's music guidelines that simply cutting out the "bad word" or putting a sound effect over it isn't good enough.

and on a side note. my friends and I have always wanted to make up a vulgar cheer mix. with a routine to go along. i think it would be quite entertaining.

One year Georgia used a pink song that said "cock fight"

im pretty sure i read on some company's music guidelines that simply cutting out the "bad word" or putting a sound effect over it isn't good enough.

and on a side note. my friends and I have always wanted to make up a vulgar cheer mix. with a routine to go along. i think it would be quite entertaining.

I think that would be hilarious for an open team...but it'd have to be used at an open only comp! "Please clear the event hall of all Tiny and Mini teams...."

Some event producers have a policy to give a deduction for using an inappropriate song even if the version used is clean or edited.

That policy makes no sense though....regardless of what the song may say if the mix is produced well enough you would have no idea....thats like giving a team a deduction because they MAY drop or someone MAY have a hands down....obviously its not your rule though so theres nothing you can do.

Any idea which EPs hold this policy?

Ok so let's take Avril Lavigne's new song... "what the hell".. what do you do with that?

Not use it...or be VERY selective with what parts you use...no professional cheer music producer would use anything inappropriate in their mixes....just bad policy to do so.

Yeah, I don't mind like 'he**' or 'da**' but when it gets to hard swearing like rap music, definitely not. Like just cover it up or something, turn 'sh**' into a shhhh.

I also don't mind like the 'just off' swearing, such as CALIFRIKINGFORNIA.

Cali Freakin Fornia* and it definitely isn't meant to be perceived like you're perceiving it...

That policy makes no sense though....regardless of what the song may say if the mix is produced well enough you would have no idea....thats like giving a team a deduction because they MAY drop or someone MAY have a hands down....obviously its not your rule though so theres nothing you can do.

Any idea which EPs hold this policy?

Cheersport.

our senior 2 was penalized because the music said "all of the boys and all of the girls are begging to haha hehe ho," instead of if you seek amy., i think most competitions penalize you for curse words.

Back