Swedish Fall Pyramid (grips?)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Aug 14, 2010
Hi everyone :)

I'm teaching a new pyramid and I'm still working on the way the flyers are going to hold each other. Let's see if this makes sense:

An elevator on each side, and an extended arabesque in the middle (arabesque is facing elevator to the audience's left, with the other elevator holding her left foot). The bases dip and pop the middle flyer into a swedish fall (2-2-1) and from that she twists toward the audience so the foot that was up in the swedish fall lands back in the bases' hands, and now she's hitching to the flyer on the audience's right.

The issue is that the flyer supporting the middle flyer's shoulders is having trouble with where to put her hands. Since the middle flyer is twisting, they're having trouble with staying connected since their arms keep getting tangled.

Wish I had a video, but sadly I don't :(

Any tips?

We did this in my routine what you need to do is the flyer supported the arabesque's arms/shoulders needs to twist their arms I'm the beggining in a way that when the flyer is lifted and the other flyer untwisted her arms that it would rotate the flyer to the correct position. (just get in the stunt and have the flyer do right over left or left over right and see which one will turn the right way)
Hope this helps!! :)

Thanks... we had the flyer cross her arms at first but they ended up just getting tangled. Do you (or does anyone else) by chance have a video?

Thanks... we had the flyer cross her arms at first but they ended up just getting tangled. Do you (or does anyone else) by chance have a video?
i cant find a video of it, but i find it hard that the flyers arms get twisted when the other prep spins her

Back