Team Bonding**

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Oct 20, 2010
So I'm on an all-girl lvl 6 team...

We have a ton of returners from last year (only 4 new girls out of 24). So i LOVE my teammates...it just seems like we haven't all completely bonded yet, and we are about a month out from our 1st competition... I wanted to do something cute for my team 4 our 1st comp. Maybe like a spirit bag or something? but make it more creative since we are all 18+... any ideas??

Team dinner, Laser Tag, Movie Night, Cookout, Roller skating...Most of these worked out well with my teams. Hope this helps implement some ideas.

it's starting to be closer to winter time, so you could go ice skating! :) or have a big sleepover or something. you could give the team buddies and have everyone bring a candy or something that "describes their partner" :) good luck!!

my team went to camp this year over a weekend up in the mountains during the warmer part of the fall. There was ropes courses, workshops, decorating contest, and dont forget the late night heart to hearts. I dont think you couldve gotten a tighter group of girls. After that weekend the bond between our team was amazing! I think something like that, maybe a sleepover at the gym, or girl's day. I think those work the best!

It's great that you're making an effort to bond with the new girls. It must be a little intimidating to join a team that has already bonded so well. Making them feel welcome will help so much! Maybe a little party or celebration in their honor would be good...try doing things that will help them get to know everybody, like make a team scrapbook with everyone's photo with a little bio next to it: likes, dislikes, home town, favorites, etc. Be sure to include them too! Good luck and have fun!

It's great that you're making an effort to bond with the new girls. It must be a little intimidating to join a team that has already bonded so well. Making them feel welcome will help so much! Maybe a little party or celebration in their honor would be good...try doing things that will help them get to know everybody, like make a team scrapbook with everyone's photo with a little bio next to it: likes, dislikes, home town, favorites, etc. Be sure to include them too! Good luck and have fun!

I really like this idea! I made a team goal book where everyone is writting down short term goals and a long term goal they want to reach by the end of the season! We are also deciding on a Team goal together too. Thanks for the scrapbook idea!

How about decorating pillowcases and giving them to each other. You could draw names from a hat and then decorate the pillowcase based around that person's interests. Then you can each take your pillowcases with you on your pillows when you travel to out-of-state competitions. We've done that in the past and the girls LOVE it. Good luck.

Back