Team Practice Wear

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Has anyone worn the Varsity Track shorts? I think they look really cute and comfy, but can't tell what the material is like. I wear running shorts from Target (Champion brand) and I would never wear them for cheer, because they are slippery-not good for stunting. Anyone have any experience with them, are they like that or are they cottony?

we have to buy two practice wear sets. they're not too expensive. you also have to have your hair up, no jewelry, and cheer shoes on. if someone doesn't wear their practice wear then they have to do extra conditioning at the end of practice.

My daughters have been on teams with two different all star gyms in Minnesota. The first all star gym had mandatory practice clothes that were in the gym's colors and team specific. You had to buy the clothes at the beginning of the season. The owner's explanation is that they wanted the teams to look uniform and professional any time anyone stopped by the gym.

Their current gym does not have mandatory practice clothes - however, they do have a restriction on wearing only a sports bra to practice - a t-shirt or tank top must cover the sports bra at all times. It is interesting to me to see some of the very well known gyms (like Cheer Extreme) have team sports bras and wear them to practice in. The owner of our current gym has maintained that this is too revealing (to wear just the sports bra) and has forbidden it. It's a highly debatable subject with our moms - e.g., a) at what age is it appropriate to let them wear just that and b) is it appropriate for all body types?

We have two sets of practice wear. We try to keep one from the following year to cut down on cost.As a coach, I can't stand when the kids arent all in the same thing. Everything is a cluter.

at tryouts, everyone buys a mandatory practice outfit (shorts & a shirt) & you just wear it whenever you want, & then each team gets another practice outfit that the team designs... we do have to wear our practice outfits when special guests come though like, our choreographer, top gun, etc...

We dont have really but this season flyers should wear shorts and preferably sports bra (so now im buying sportsbra like crazy hihihi) and sometime we have "theme training". The one who's in charge will make a theme for example, pajama training and everybdy wil wear pajama:) it is so much fun:)

School: Yes. We have a scheduled day to wear certain things. If we don't the team has to run laps for each person not wearing the right thing.
All-Star: No. Except on choreography days. Practice days the only requirement is you MUST wear a bow. (consequences vary)

yes, every practice we must wear shorts a tshirt and a bow. sadly we are not allowee to wear only sports bras or spandex shorts );

Well we already ordered our practice clothes but they didn't come in yet. But my team made up days like "Wear Animal Print Day!" and "Neon Day" Until we get our uniforms...I'm not sure what we would have to do if we didn't wear our practice uniform since it's my 1st year at my gym.

We have to wear one of the practice shirts and shorts..... if we dont we have to condition or we get charged money -.- i personally think it is stupid

Has anyone worn the Varsity Track shorts? I think they look really cute and comfy, but can't tell what the material is like. I wear running shorts from Target (Champion brand) and I would never wear them for cheer, because they are slippery-not good for stunting. Anyone have any experience with them, are they like that or are they cottony?
i've worn the ones from sofee which are like the same... the fabric is REALLY thin and they aren't good for stunting but they are super comfy!

i've worn the ones from sofee which are like the same... the fabric is REALLY thin and they aren't good for stunting but they are super comfy!
Thanks! I figured they would be to slippery for stunting, but I like the way they look (the two or three color combo). Maybe I can find something in a similar style in a cotton fabric. I love my UnderArmour shorts, but they're pretty expensive, and the color combos don't match our colors.

Back