All-Star Team Usa

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Gosh you guys have looooooooong holidays for the summer. Schools here in the UK run September - Middle/end July and Universities run mid September - end May/Beg June. This is why, being a high school teacher here, I can never make it for Worlds, ever :(

I know that this is getting off topic, but some schools actually run on "terms" so they will have 4 "terms" a year and between those terms they will have a few weeks off. They end up going to school year round with little breaks thrown in. There are school corporations who also do this for elem/middle/high school. In the US it really varies from region to region. Like before college we always started school the second week of August and then go out around the 20th of May. The colleges around there started a week later and got out weeks earlier. Colleges in the US get more/longer breaks then the high school and below.

Team USA is a Great Concept, but everyone is correct the Marketing for it has been really scaled back this year. I knew Tony was coaching all girl and I think Leroy is coaching coed with someone else but I had no idea Misty was involved this year. There was no real public announcement bout coaches or people who made the team. I know that tryouts was the same weekend as JamFest Indy in Jan that was because one of my friends who coaches at a gym left to go try out. I noticed the fundraising stuff because friends of mine were posting t shirts with their names on them I think they had to raise anywhere from 500-750 dollars this year. My thing is you should never have to paid to be on a team to represent your country. The tryouts are hard enough and then to come up with money like that which most of these athletes cheered at colleges where they didn't have to dish out that much money. But idk if they are just laying low on everything until the Olympics Idea spark back up but yeah its def not what it used to be when it started. I think the beating everyone in both divisions took its toll on the average cheer watcher and other interested people.

Back