All-Star Texans Find Magazine & Cnn At Nca Nationals!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

cheermommaRN

Cheer Parent
Dec 14, 2009
My husband's independent e-zine/local travel webisode show just got clearance from Varsity to cover NCA Nationals. Not only will he be shooting the show "Traveling with Monk" but the final edit will be packaged for CNN to be broadcast on air. If you are a coach or athlete and would be interested in being interviewed you can contact him at [email protected].
There are a few people he is expressly interested in talking to if available....

Kingston (topic: impact of Fierceboard on the industry)
AceDad (topic: increase of parent involvement and special needs teams)

He will also be talking to gym owners about the impact of the proposed rule changes on their business, and whoever he can about the changing view of cheer from sideline to sport. I know one segment will involve him asking people to describe all star cheerleading in 5 words or less.

We will not be able to interview behind any of the stages so if there is a good time (warmups, coaches hospitality, ect.) let us know.

His staff thinks he's crazy for doing this but I'm pretty sure our server may crash after its posted.

Interesting project. I won't be able to attend NCA, but I will be in Dallas that week until Thursday night. Any chance he would be available to talk on Thursday?

Awesome! Great to hear about this kind of publicity that includes interviews with important people involved in allstar cheer.

cheermommaRN said:
My husband's independent e-zine/local travel webisode show just got clearance from Varsity to cover NCA Nationals. Not only will he be shooting the show "Traveling with Monk" but the final edit will be packaged for CNN to be broadcast on air. If you are a coach or athlete and would be interested in being interviewed you can contact him at [email protected].
There are a few people he is expressly interested in talking to if available....

Kingston (topic: impact of Fierceboard on the industry)
AceDad (topic: increase of parent involvement and special needs teams)

He will also be talking to gym owners about the impact of the proposed rule changes on their business, and whoever he can about the changing view of cheer from sideline to sport. I know one segment will involve him asking people to describe all star cheerleading in 5 words or less.

We will not be able to interview behind any of the stages so if there is a good time (warmups, coaches hospitality, ect.) let us know.

His staff thinks he's crazy for doing this but I'm pretty sure our server may crash after its posted.

I'm down.

I forgot to mention...from NCA "Coaches permission must be granted before interviewing teams at any time."
You can view some of the previous episodes that have been done @ www.texansfind.com. Recently we have done interviews with Mario Batali and Cirque du Soleil. Basically we're the biggest little magazine you've never heard of...lol.

Acedad & Kingston...I will pm you.

Hoping this will shed a good light on us all star cheerleaders! So can't wait!!

No worries there....we are hoping to show the athleticism and commitment that the owners and athletes have to this industry. Also Varsity has been very clear as to the image they want to see reflected in the final product, which is cheer is a sport.

I emailed Brent. Thanks.

Back