All-Star The Best Of The Best At Summit 2014

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Wait so y'all think so stunts should fall levels 1-3? Yes they are easier than level 5 stunts.....for the level 5 athlete. Those who are true to their level, it is just as hard FOR THEM to do the stunts as it is for a level 5 kid. In theory they are "easier" but the purpose of levels is to seperate by skill level. So it's all relative. Stunts are stunts, cheer is cheer and some people have different skills than others but it's all hard. I may have the unpopular opinion but I feel strongly about it

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
Could not agree more. If u r placed and compete at your True level than the stunts are difficult for u, sandbagger teams should not drop!

Really? I thought Disneyland didn't even come remotely close to comparing to WDW. Maybe it's because I've only been to Disneyland once and WDW 4 or 5 times. The only thing I preferred Disneyland for is the fact that everything is so close together.
believe me I LOVE them both.. but being an east coast girl.. Orlando is a quick 2 hour flight for me. There is no comparison as far as size and things offered but Disneyland offers a certain charm you don't at at WDW.

DW is just so big! I like Epcot and Animal Kingdom, but the rest felt like a too-large version of Disneyland to me.

believe me I LOVE them both.. but being an east coast girl.. Orlando is a quick 2 hour flight for me. There is no comparison as far as size and things offered but Disneyland offers a certain charm you don't at at WDW.
Yea it's about a 2 hour flight for me too (or a 12 hour drive since my family likes to drive everywhere lol), idk I just didn't get that charm at Disneyland that I always do at WDW plus I like having the variety of parks that WDW has.

exactly this! but you can't compare a switch up or tick tock at a level 3 prep to a double up to a high to high at an extension: the risk of that stunt hitting and executing is much greater.. thus it is given a higher raw score. As having watched my daughter climb the USASF levels 1-5 some of it is simple physics with very little room for error. There is a big jump up between level 3-4 stunting in terms of keeping that flyer in the air. Sure stunts have gotten much more creative and give much of the illusion of those exciting level 5 stunts but there is still a difference. As I said before At THIS type of competition and the difficulty in earning bids.. (practically harder than Worlds bids IMHO) NO level 3 and below teams should be dropping ANY stunts.

Ok just to clear this up yes the stunts are easier level 3 and below but most are not as experianced as higher level teams or not used to big comps which only come with experiance . Stunts in ANY level do fall you just learn better technique from those fall to make them not happen again

Ok just to clear this up yes the stunts are easier level 3 and below but most are not as experianced as higher level teams or not used to big comps which only come with experiance . Stunts in ANY level do fall you just learn better technique from those fall to make them not happen again
I will say that the stunting was impressive at Summit regardless of the level. I saw teams at all levels that were doing stunts within their respective levels that were both creative and sharp! If you were there and watched or watched through the ESPN feed you couldn't help but to be impressed.

I will say that the stunting was impressive at Summit regardless of the level. I saw teams at all levels that were doing stunts within their respective levels that were both creative and sharp! If you were there and watched or watched through the ESPN feed you couldn't help but to be impressed.
In fairness I watched some clips of routines on the summit page on versity and was majprly impressed. I just hope as the summit progresses international teams with juniors and youth can get bids to go as the younger ones and the lower levels would love it. I wished they had an O4 catergory though that would have been great to watch

I also love Disneyland so much more than WDW!

I agree!! I've lived on the east coast for 11.5 years now but my entire family is from Cali (my grandpa literally lives off the road Disneyland is on), and I love it so much more. You don't get ripped off and pay to get into magic kingdom or animal kingdom, it's all one place. My mom didn't get that Disney world was multiple parks so the first time we went she literally asked someone "how do I get to disney world?" Disney land all day

Not really geared towards you, but I'm using this as a jumping off point. Yes the lower leveled stunts are easier, but they are performed by athletes who are only performing to their abilities, if that makes sense. For example, a half up to prep is difficult for lower level cheerleader because that's where their ability lies. Unless, of course, you have a team of higher level athletes performing lower leveled stunts...

And that is the biggest problem at Summit. Frustrating to watch level 1 and 2 teams with Worlds athletes performing. Kind of defeats the purpose. For the most part I was floored by the talent the teams brought-- I just hope they can stop the blatant sandbagging. Perhaps instill a crossover rule like NCA has...

And that is the biggest problem at Summit. Frustrating to watch level 1 and 2 teams with Worlds athletes performing. Kind of defeats the purpose. For the most part I was floored by the talent the teams brought-- I just hope they can stop the blatant sandbagging. Perhaps instill a crossover rule like NCA has...

I keep hearing people say this but is this really true??? or just a few remote examples and then being proposed as true across the board. None of the teams I know about had any worlds athletes at those levels.

I keep hearing people say this but is this really true??? or just a few remote examples and then being proposed as true across the board. None of the teams I know about had any worlds athletes at those levels.

I didn't see that either, but would be hard to fit a World's athlete on a youth team, maybe not impossible but our team was the same 17 from beginning of season to end of season. Also, when you have a large team of Sr 3, I know at one comp day 1 somewhere (not at Summit and NONE of our 5 athletes were on our S3 team) someone got hurt and the next day one of our 5 athletes went in to base because they would rather that stunt still hit with someone with experience under it, rather than pulling from sr 2 maybe. Pure speculation on my part, just know the girl they asked to cross in a pinch is a beast base with a can-do attitude, but she didn't use her tumbling on Sr 3 and she wasn't asked for her tumbling abilities, she was asked for her basing abilities. Also, I imagine she was asked because she was the right size to match the fill-in spot for that group. My CP is a beast little base but she is on the short side. If her side base got hurt and they were looking for a fill-in quickly, they more than likely wouldn't pick someone a foot taller than my CP.

Back