All-Star The Best Of The Best At Summit 2014

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I didn't see that either, but would be hard to fit a World's athlete on a youth team, maybe not impossible but our team was the same 17 from beginning of season to end of season. Also, when you have a large team of Sr 3, I know at one comp day 1 somewhere (not at Summit and NONE of our 5 athletes were on our S3 team) someone got hurt and the next day one of our 5 athletes went in to base because they would rather that stunt still hit with someone with experience under it, rather than pulling from sr 2 maybe. Pure speculation on my part, just know the girl they asked to cross in a pinch is a beast base with a can-do attitude, but she didn't use her tumbling on Sr 3 and she wasn't asked for her tumbling abilities, she was asked for her basing abilities. Also, I imagine she was asked because she was the right size to match the fill-in spot for that group. My CP is a beast little base but she is on the short side. If her side base got hurt and they were looking for a fill-in quickly, they more than likely wouldn't pick someone a foot taller than my CP.

I thought the age grid wouldn't allow this anyway. I thought if you were eligible for youth you weren't yet eligible for worlds and vice versa.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I thought the age grid wouldn't allow this anyway. I thought if you were eligible for youth you weren't yet eligible for worlds and vice versa.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android[/QUOTE

I agree upon thinking about it more that you couldn't have a youth on a senior 5 team because you had to be 11 before 8/31 but all the teams performing at Summit were that good that if one had Worlds athletes on it and one didn't, from the performances that I personally saw, you wouldn't be able to tell, at least at the lower levels, 4 and under. Maybe a Worlds athlete on an R5 makes a difference, but my kid isn't there yet, so I haven't paid as close attention to that level. All the teams were owning their routines. I think knowing you had to make it out of day 1, the kids were tossing their nerves aside and performing their hearts out. I do know of a gym that made a S2 team out of athletes from all their higher level teams, including 5, and still did not even get a bid to the Summit and they tried. Just because they had higher skills, didn't make them an automatic even to get there.

Not talking about youth. At least 3 of the sr teams I watched in different levels had worlds athletes. Or-- girls that were remarkable twins. One girl at the airport actually laughed about it-- she offered up the info and thought it was funny to see them compete at a level 2

My girls said Angel Rice competed on a a senior 3 team, but they are 11 & 12. They could easily be mistaken/wrong.

I think you could only crossover 5 from Worlds to Summit. Our Worlds team had some level 2-3 bases because we needed the size to lift some of our kids, but that was Worlds. If your pulling tiny level 5 flyers to a level 1-3 then I see that as an issue but if your pulling them to base then I'm not as concerned given the crossover rule. As for the tumbling, if your team as a majority can't tumble within their respective level then maybe they are in the wrong level. If you have to pull 5 level 5 athletes to say a senior 3 for their tumbling only then odds are your team wasn't that strong from the beginning. With all that said if my 5 crossover rule is incorrect then forget everything you just read!

My issue with the crossover rule is it being worded as 5 Worlds athletes per SUMMIT team. Essentially, every Worlds athlete is eligible for the Summit as long as they were crossed down to different teams. Does that make sense? Right now, every team at the Summit can have 5 Worlds athletes on it. I feel like the limitation should be on Worlds teams if you're going to limit them at all. Only 5 athletes per Worlds team should be eligible for the Summit. You can put all those 5 on one team or not, but only 5. If a team brought several Summit teams, they could basically cross down their entire Worlds team as it stands now.

I personally don't think you should be able to cross-compete ANY athletes from a world's team to a summit team. I'm generally against cross-competing all together (except in temporary cases such as an injury the day of). The one time I used a crossover was from a level 4 to a level 1 (due to injury); she stood on the side of the floor the ENTIRE routine except for stunts/pyramid. She didn't tumble, dance, or jump. I feel like it not only causes drama, but also stresses the athlete (and coach) out, especially at a big competition when multiple teams from one gym could go on back-to-back and timing is a major issue. Again, that's just me.

I personally don't think you should be able to cross-compete ANY athletes from a world's team to a summit team. I'm generally against cross-competing all together (except in temporary cases such as an injury the day of). The one time I used a crossover was from a level 4 to a level 1 (due to injury); she stood on the side of the floor the ENTIRE routine except for stunts/pyramid. She didn't tumble, dance, or jump. I feel like it not only causes drama, but also stresses the athlete (and coach) out, especially at a big competition when multiple teams from one gym could go on back-to-back and timing is a major issue. Again, that's just me.
That is a another issue that that has been discussed on many many pages! :)

Three Kitty Katz (small youth 1) the moment they found out they won Summit
4r581s.jpg

And to think that was cp's team at one point. I asked her if she was bummed but she has no regrets about having to leave.

Back