The Big British Teams Tryouts

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

My course was similar so I did mine on how Cheerleading's representation in the media is affecting how people view it. It was easy doing it on something I'm passionate about so if you can defo try to fit it in, it will make it easier to spend nearly a year on.
Yeah I'm really in to musicals so thinking of doing something about film musicals although I need to decide what angle I would want to take.

@scottish_cheerleader @leighhhhhhhh
I feel your pain too! Was thinking about trying out for Team Scotland this year since this is probably my last year cheerleading but I don't think I could do TS and a dissertation all at the same time!
btw its Jennifer, i loved team scotland but it was different when i was on the team as you know, we compete iasf worlds not icu so you were in warm ups with shooting stars or tg large coed which made it a bit more exciting!!
As a coach i just couldnt justify missing sundays off cheer to train with another team when my juniors need me more than ever and senior is moving to level 5!!! eek!

Never been so happy I graduated. I managed to do my dissertation on cheerleading.
Final year is tough so I wish you the best
i wish i could do that im like a cheer geek i know everything... but unfortunately i study mechanical engineering ... i dont think they would be too impressed if i started mentioning cheer lol

btw its Jennifer, i loved team scotland but it was different when i was on the team as you know, we compete iasf worlds not icu so you were in warm ups with shooting stars or tg large coed which made it a bit more exciting!!
As a coach i just couldnt justify missing sundays off cheer to train with another team when my juniors need me more than ever and senior is moving to level 5!!! eek!
Lol yeah Roz told me about the move to level 5! I was thinking about coming back after I graduate if I move back home but I don't think I could do level 5 after four years of level 3!

haha well get to a tumble class and in the gym if you plan on coming back - level 5 is killing my body! We have like a bizzillion flyers so its liek hey you back/ base here is 3 flyers to work with! this will be my last year i think once i graduate its time to hang up my cheer bow! il stick to coaching, my wee body cant deal with it anymore!

Lol I've just taken a year out so I'm just trying to get my body back in shape for level 3! Don't actually think I remember how to fly anymore and pulled a muscle in my side trying to pull my scorp up the other day. Needs work!

Because of my degree (creative studies) I managed to use cheer for a lot of my work, such as creative writing pieces. My extremely feminist film studies teacher hated me

Because of my degree (creative studies) I managed to use cheer for a lot of my work, such as creative writing pieces. My extremely feminist film studies teacher hated me
lucky you, my course is very male dominated... in the whole engineering year there are only 3 girls...there is like 90 boys. no one really appreciates cheer talk, my boyfriend just about tolerates it but when i start telling him about jamfest and grand champs etc etc he just looks at me like an alien. unfortunately i get to write reports on welding techniques, vibration systems, gears, metal treatments... nothing remotely girly :( wanna swap?

lucky you, my course is very male dominated... in the whole engineering year there are only 3 girls...there is like 90 boys. no one really appreciates cheer talk, my boyfriend just about tolerates it but when i start telling him about jamfest and grand champs etc etc he just looks at me like an alien. unfortunately i get to write reports on welding techniques, vibration systems, gears, metal treatments... nothing remotely girly :( wanna swap?

Hmm can I swap my newly entered 'real world' for another year of uni? I will take any course seriously...
And I used to get the same strange looks when I talked about cheerleading from my own team. Until this year I don't think many of them knew anything outside of uni cheer. A few of them are now aware of Unity and Top Gun etc

Hmm can I swap my newly entered 'real world' for another year of uni? I will take any course seriously...
And I used to get the same strange looks when I talked about cheerleading from my own team. Until this year I don't think many of them knew anything outside of uni cheer. A few of them are now aware of Unity and Top Gun etc
ahh see im lucky i have a sister who cheers and i get all my worlds/uk cheer gossip out my systems with her. most of rockstar are quite good but i had a stingrays top on last week and some of my team were like "who?" ...im working on it! but they are good with top gun, wcss, cheer extreme and as of this year maryland twisters

ahh see im lucky i have a sister who cheers and i get all my worlds/uk cheer gossip out my systems with her. most of rockstar are quite good but i had a stingrays top on last week and some of my team were like "who?" ...im working on it! but they are good with top gun, wcss, cheer extreme and as of this year maryland twisters

My old coach and I tried very hard. We watched Shooting Stars on the NCA vid and my team mates asked if they were a higher level than unity (cos we had just got back from FC where they had competed). It's difficult trying to explain that whilst they were a lower level, they are slightly better.
I luckily have my old coach to talk all things cheer about. I know waaay too much about it according to everyone else I cheered with.

Latest posts

Back